“Sharkbookings placed us on the best boat for our needs...THANKS!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: White Shark Diving Co specializes in exclusive GREAT WHITE SHARK adventure tours in Gansbaai, Western Cape, South Africa. Rated #1 by industry peers, we strive to deliver excellence by being the only Shark Cage Diving Company to offer exclusive & private tours with limited seating capacity for extra comfort, safety and dive time! We are the exclusive carrier of all International Celebrities, VIPs and Sporting Teams. White Shark Diving Company have been advocates for the protection of the Great White Shark species; by pioneering sustainable methods of practice, founding and funding scientific research initiatives and being a key player in the development and implementation of The Great White Shark Protection Foundation of South Africa.
Somerset West, South Africa
“Sharkbookings placed us on the best boat for our needs...THANKS!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

I have to say that I found it extremely easy to book through Sharkbookings. The size of the cage was important for me as well as wetsuit sizes as one of my sister's kids were joining the trip. If you go onto individual sites then it is difficult to compare the facts (and take out the fiction) but on sharkbookings it was laid out clearly what each boat had to offer, cage sizes, wetsuit requirements and more. I first made a phone call to Sharkbookings (Dave) whom told me off heart which boats had wetsuits that would fit the child in our group etc. I mean just that would have taken me ages if I had to sift though the operators myself. He then went on to recommend the roundhouse (which we eventually booked so thanks for that) which was just as clued up on the shark diving. Turns out Dave are one of the owners of the guesthouse. Good thing though because they were in touch with our shark booking the whole time. They even moved it for us a couple of times (due to the weather) to make sure that we go out with the little one on a nice flat day. All I can say is thank you Dave. I saw some of the other boats in the harbor and guys trust me when I say you can do with some of this guy’s advice before booking your shark trip. It didn’t cost me anything extra so once again thanks. It’s an experience that I will never forget!

Conneticut
“Things to Keep in Mind When Choosing Your Diving Company”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2010

I recently visited South Africa and Cape Town, and being the "shark week" lover that I am, just had to go diving in Gansbaai. I had never been to cape town and really didn't know what to expect. So I chose two different companies for diving two days. I visited the middle of December so wanted to increase my odds of seeing them! After my two days I just wanted to leave you some basics to keep in mind so your trip is perfect.

- First off your probably going to see sharks no matter who you choose to dive with. All the boats anchor within 100yards of one another and therefore if another boat sees them so will you.

- Second, know where the company you choose is docked at. Unrealdive for example is on the other side of the penisula and therefore the boat ride is twice as long to reach the diving spot. Most of the other companies are on the same side of the penisula as dyer island and your ride will only be about 20min max.

- Third, since their all going to put you in the same spot at the same time, the only thing to decide is price and boat size. The bigger the boat, the more people you have to share it with. The cheaper looking the boat, the cheaper the gear they carry.

Example:
The first day I went with Unrealdive. They are a very good company and know what their doing. Their price is the lowest. However the tradeoff is a longer boat ride, a big ghetto boat, and old, probably still wet from yesterday wetsuits. But hey if your going for cheap these are your guys.

The second day I went with Marine Dynamics. Great company, a little more pricey. However these guys are perfect. Boat is nice, not too many people, and the wetsuites were dry and brand new. Plus they had variety of sizes which is important when your diving in cold water!

So that's about it. You will see sharks if you go before Jan and it doesn't matter who you choose. The only thing that decides who to go with is how much you want to pay and how classy you want your day to be. But definately go. It's a amazing expierence!

London
“Brilliant day out but pay attention who you book through”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2009

We booked this trip through sharkbookings.com but in actual fact it would seem that no matter who you book through, once you get to gansbaai all the various companies offload customers at a central venue and they are shipped out from there. When arriving at shark bookings it was very chaotic, they seemed unprepared for our arrival and almost lost part of the group on the way to the harbour. But once we were all together at the whale viewing/shark diving centre we never saw the staff from sharkbookings again and staff here ensured things were run very professionally and we were reassured. Customers should be aware that they will be on the boat for approximately 4 hours. I would seriously recommend taking sea-sickness tablets before heading out as it is very likely you will feel ill if you dont and not enjoy the trip. These details aside it was a BRILLIANT experience. Our guide was a knowledgeable marine biologist who could answer the variety of questions we posed. There were wetsuits to fit up to 4xl divers. Lunch was included before we left and snacks were also availble on board. 5 people at a time go into the cage once a shark has been spotted ~(although it may be a long wait before this happens) and are left in for 20-30 minutes with an option to go back in later if you would like. We felt safe at all times but were still close enough to the sharks to get the adrenaline flowing. We saw a few different sharks and had loads of photo opportunites in the water and back on board. I would definitely recommend this trip!