“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 19 Activities in Gansbaai
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: White Shark Diving Co specializes in exclusive GREAT WHITE SHARK adventure tours in Gansbaai, Western Cape, South Africa. Rated #1 by industry peers, we strive to deliver excellence by being the only Shark Cage Diving Company to offer exclusive & private tours with limited seating capacity for extra comfort, safety and dive time! We are the exclusive carrier of all International Celebrities, VIPs and Sporting Teams. White Shark Diving Company have been advocates for the protection of the Great White Shark species; by pioneering sustainable methods of practice, founding and funding scientific research initiatives and being a key player in the development and implementation of The Great White Shark Protection Foundation of South Africa.
6 attraction reviews
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2014 NEW via mobile

Went out and initially saw little but operators gave us the chance for a no-cost sevond trip & wow! Mind blowing. A great experience that was really worth doing & great crew. Tip - Take sea sick pills though - we did and it showed!

Copenhagen, Denmark
“Disapointing exeprience!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2014 NEW

We booked a sharkdiving trip, tree months in advance. We were at the booking asked, if we could do the trip one day later, but had to refuse, because of a short time schedule. The day before we should on our trip, it was cancelled because of weather conditions, but we were offered a trip the next day. Funny that several other sharkdivers were operating and made one believe, that the cancellation was because of few costumers rather than the weather. We were deeply disappointed and angry. We had traveled more than 10.000 km. looking forward to this experience, witch’s only possible at this place. But bussinesprofit is obviously more important than customer satisfaction at this company. Have that in mind when you choose your sharkdiving operator!

London
“Great operators!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2014 NEW

We went shark cage diving on the 12th December with the White Shark Diving Company and they were awesome! A slick operation, excellent and friendly staff. Lalo, our guide, was really great. Well done and thanks!

New York, New York, United States
“Your friends will be totally jealous”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2014

Booked this out of the few shark diving companies around Gans/Kleinbaai being that it was the highest rated. Of course there are negative reviews from people but most likely they are A) unaware that people cannot control wild animals and promise they'll do as you like or B) just generally fussy about things (like the smell of fish chum or being cold)

In any event, I decided to drive myself from Cape Town because on the way back I wanted to do so at my leisure around Betty Bay, etc.
I had thought we needed to be there at 7am but the email the night before said to meet at 6am....which meant leaving CPT at 3:40am instead of 4:40am.
In any event upon arriving we were told the briefing would be at 7....wish I had known as I would have arrived at like 6:45. They have a decent breakfast spread out, it's early and people are slow and in their own mood.
From that as others have said you get on the boat and they take you out. We had 12 people which meant 2 groups of 6...I would not want to be on the boat with anymore than that. Took about 45 min of chumming and baiting for sharks to appear and then it was pretty fun and wild. Happens pretty fast, it's really amazing and then at the end they actually started surfacing and splashing taking the bait line.
I don't think this is something I have the strong urge to do again but if I came back with family or friends I would book through them again.

Visited December 2014
“Best thing I've ever done”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2014

I was picked up at a Petrol station at around 5 o'clock. Everything went well but the driving felt like they wanted to prepare you for being see sick. The safety briefing was outside and thanks to the wind sometimes a bit hard to understand, especially for a non-native speaker. But they'll tell you again later so it's not a big deal. I didn't mind that the boat was not too big because when I want to do shark cage diving I don't expect to be on a luxury yacht but I agree that it's really difficult to don the wet suits on the boat while it's pitching and tossing. Particularly when the wet suits live up to their name. My shoes where dripping wet but I guess that's just what happens when your on a boat.
The 3 guys that were with us didn't really give much information about sharks and what they're doing of their own accord but I just asked one of them and had a really interesting conversation about the research their doing etc and you could see that he loves what he's doing which is great.
Despite the wet suits you could feel that the water was freezing cold and my group didn't see much in what felt like a thousand years (probably 20 minutes). As one of the guys just told us to get outside because the water's too cold there where sharks coming from everywhere. I think 3 of them but to be honest I can't remember exactly because your just too exited to really get what's happening. But what I do remember is that this was by far the best thing I've done in 3 month in South Africa. It's so amazing to literally be next to a great white and I would do it again any time.
The video they made was mediocre but I think it's a great souvenir, especially for people like me who where to excited to get what's happening.
Conclusion: Just do it! It's awesome.

Visited November 2014