“Very Cool” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 19 Activities in Gansbaai
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: White Shark Diving Co specializes in exclusive GREAT WHITE SHARK adventure tours in Gansbaai, Western Cape, South Africa. Rated #1 by industry peers, we strive to deliver excellence by being the only Shark Cage Diving Company to offer exclusive & private tours with limited seating capacity for extra comfort, safety and dive time! We are the exclusive carrier of all International Celebrities, VIPs and Sporting Teams. White Shark Diving Company have been advocates for the protection of the Great White Shark species; by pioneering sustainable methods of practice, founding and funding scientific research initiatives and being a key player in the development and implementation of The Great White Shark Protection Foundation of South Africa.
Wake Forest, North Carolina
“Very Cool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We had a great time with the White Shark Diving Co. We saw three sharks and got to spend as much time in the cage as we wanted to, since many people got in and out after they saw a few sharks. We had 12 passengers on the boat and it was a little crowed - anymore would have been too many. However, it was nothing to complain about...the experience was incredible! They had a light breakfast waiting for us and a nice warm lunch after the trip. There are hot showers on site as well, which is nice because the water is so cold. They also had snacks on the boat. If this is on your bucket list, this is a great company to go with!

Visited June 2014

Boston, Massachusetts
22 attraction reviews
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

This was a great company to work with. I booked a private charter trip for 20 people and they picked us up early in the morning from Cape Town to take us to the boat. They picked us up from our hotel and there was nothing more to think about. They produced a great video, provided breakfast and lunch and were incredibly responsive in the planning process. We saw a ton of sharks and it was totally worth it! It feels completely safe, so don't be worried - the staff really knows the water and the animals. Only advice - if you're prone to sea sickness, take some nausea pills.

Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
“Fantastic Experience, Great group, great weather, great sharks!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

This company is very professional. The safety briefing is spot on and covers all the questions you may have.
These guys ensure you have a good time and that everyone gets to see the sharks close up.
Weather is a massive factor when doing this but I was lucky yesterday with a great group, great weather and great sharks.
Trompie (The Driver) is a really nice patient guy and gave us plenty of information before and after the dive en route, even saw whales at Hermanus on the way home.
All in all a very good company set on making your day a great one and with a DVD of your trip at the end it was a really good day.
When I return to Gaansbai again, I will be booking with these guys again.

Visited June 2014
10 attraction reviews
“Great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

The operators were professional and friendly. The crew gave us interesting and accurate information about the sharks.
The boat was just a bit uncomfortable to get changed on . . . Not quite enough space.
All in all it was a wonderful experience and we got to see 5 great white sharks up close! Being so close to these amazing creatures was well worth suffering the cold!

Guangzhou, China
“DO IT !!!!!! - you won’t regret it!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Amazing, amazing, amazing!

The moment the van pulled up outside our hotel in the early morning, my heart began to beat a little faster...THIS WAS IT!!!! ...time to go and get face-to-face with one of nature’s greats ... THE GREAT WHITE SHARK!!!!! And I was not disappointed...

From the early morning pick-up at my hotel, through the safety briefings (with a welcome early-morning coffee provided), the diving experience (read below!) and the post-trip analysis of experiences and photos over lunch (provided in restaurant above the offices) with fellow travellers once back on terra firma, the entire experience was FANTASTIC.

The best part is obviously the time spent out on the water viewing and getting up close to natures APEX predator... It took a while for the sharks to appear, during which time the staff (excellent) were more than happy to impart their extensive knowledge to us, as well as settle a few nerves here and there! And then came the STAR attractions...a shout from one of the crew and my first glimpse of what I had been waiting to see ...

I donned a wetsuit (provided) and was lucky enough to be in the first group in the cage...my first few sightings/”meetings” with sharks, I forgot I had my underwater camera strapped to my wrist, such was my excitement at being so close to them!!!! Soon I was snapping away though and watching in awe as the sharks swam by, mere inches from my face with only a cage between us :-) It was everything I had imagined and more, adrenaline pumping through my body every moment out there in the water with them.

Even out of the water and the cage, the experience is awesome, as the viewing from both the lower and upper decks is excellent and gives you a completely different perspective (see photos) of the sharks. I recommend a large memory card and extra batteries for your cameras!!!!

All in all, an UNBELIEVABLE experience.

From my initial email correspondence and booking online, to adding to the experience on the day, the staff were excellent and professional throughout. Definitely recommend going through these guys. Many thanks!!!!

If you are thinking of going shark cage diving as part of a trip/holiday to Cape Town,
DO IT - you won’t regret it!!!!!

Visited April 2014