If you are looking to indulge yourself with a relaxed peaceful escape from the rat race, mobile phone and noise - this is truly the place to retreat to.
The magnificent mountain scenery on the approach to Bushmanskloof gives one an idea of the area one will be in but nothing prepared us for the warm friendly greeting from Portia, the glass of iced rooibos tea and a tour of the lodge that awaits one after a 3 hour odd drive from Cape Town - followed fairly soon by a magnificent High- Tea overlooking the garden, mountains and lily pond - all one hears is the sound of happy birds outside!
Friendliness, excellent service at every turn, lovely accommodation with one's own patio to relax on, fabulous cuisine, completely unobtrusive staff who without hanging over one's shoulder are around all the time anticipating one's next need.
From the gardeners to the outstanding management, one is greeted cheerfully every time and at meals the Food and Beverage Manager was on hand moving easily from table to table chatting to all the guests in turn.- thank you Michele and James.
There is a variety of flora and fauna on the estate along with 2000 plus year old Bushmans Paintings which one gets to experience either on the late afternoon drives trying to spot a rare Cape Zebra, Oryx, Bontebok and various other buck ending with sundowners overlooking beautiful scenery or on the early morning drives/walks to the paintings when even the tiniest plantlife or ant or animal spoor is explained to one. Our field guide Seppie is a font of knowledge and has the ability to make one feel special all the time - thank you!
One needs three nights there so that one has one day to enjoy the walks, spa, boating on the dam and so much more - we will return one day to this little piece of heaven!
Penny and Tim Le Mesurier- Cape Town
- Also Known As:
- Bushmans Kloof Wilderness Reserve And Wellness Retreat
- Bushmans Kloof Wilderness Reserve & Wellness Retreat Hotel
- Bushmans Kloof Wilderness Reserve & Wellness Retreat Hotel Clanwilliam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ancient landscapes of wind-sculpted sandstone and untamed bush frame this luxury retreat, 270km from Cape Town. Voted ‘Best Hotel in the World 2009’ in the Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards, the malaria-free reserve is an ecological oasis for diverse wildlife, and custodian of 130 ancient San rock art sites renowned as one the ‘world’s largest open air art galleries’. Evening nature drives and exhilarating outdoor adventures offset an invigorating wellness focus, featuring an outdoor spa gazebo and spa treatments rooted in nature. Delectable cuisine distinguishes this authentic African wilderness escape, while luxurious accommodation includes Koro Lodge, the child-friendly private villa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Splendia, Tingo, Agoda, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Bushmans Kloof Wilderness Reserve & Wellness Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.