We spent three nights at Bushmans Kloof Wilderness Reserve & Wellness Retreat to celebrate our son's 21st birthday. From the time we arrived, till the time we drove out of the parking area, we were treated like the most important visitors. Everyone from the welcoming party to the managers to all the other staff serving at breakfast, lunch, high tea, supper and the cleaning staff were all very friendly and greeted you with big smiles. They all went to so much trouble to make my son's birthday a very special birthday to remember. Even when I mentioned that I was wheat intolerant, I was given a special platter at high tea and special wheat free bread was made for me. Going out on game drives and rock art excursions we very interesting and the guide was so knowledgeable. It was the most amazing time we spent as a family. Nothing was too much trouble and there was always someone to make you feel comfortable. We all went for a spa treatment and felt so pampered by all the therapists and left feeling relaxed and revitalized when we left. We spent time relaxing at the beautiful infinity pool which looked onto the landscape around us, it was breath taking. These few days were the most unforgettable experience we have had for a very long time. It will be a place we will definitely return too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ancient landscapes of wind-sculpted sandstone and untamed bush frame this luxury retreat, 270km from Cape Town. Voted ‘Best Hotel in the World 2009’ in the Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards, the malaria-free reserve is an ecological oasis for diverse wildlife, and custodian of 130 ancient San rock art sites renowned as one the ‘world’s largest open air art galleries’. Evening nature drives and exhilarating outdoor adventures offset an invigorating wellness focus, featuring an outdoor spa gazebo and spa treatments rooted in nature. Delectable cuisine distinguishes this authentic African wilderness escape, while luxurious accommodation includes Koro Lodge, the child-friendly private villa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Splendia, Despegar.com, Priceline, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Bushmans Kloof Wilderness Reserve & Wellness Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bushmans Kloof Wilderness Reserve & Wellness Retreat Hotel Clanwilliam
- Bushmans Kloof Wilderness Reserve And Wellness Retreat