“Take away - No No..!!” 1 of 5 stars

72 Botley Road, North Baddesley SO52 9DU, England
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Buffet, Late Night
“Take away - No No..!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

I can't comment on the restaurant, but I can certainly comment on how poor the take away service is.. I called and was told 30 minutes, fair enough, but to get there and wait another 30 minutes. No...
I left without my meal or an apology... Shocking service.

Visited February 2014

Stockbridge, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Visited last Monday and early doors with just two people dining they asked if we had booked!! When we tried to getting the attention from the miserable staff to secure a table it proved quite a task as they were more interested in sorting out the mix up with a takeaway customer and were totally disinterested in us. The place was cold and I sat in my coat for the whole of the meal. Water is 60p a glass and thats tapwater....... considering the amount there is about out there at the moment it seemed a bit steep. Food was ok nothing special. They cant seem to itemise your bill either you just get a price for booze and food and you cant work out what you have had. Wont be rushing back on a cold winters evening.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Great Deal - Nice Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

I went here recently for lunch with family as we had a seen an offer for a special lunch at £7. This set lunch offered soup and a spring roll, and then a choice of main and a rice from the main menu followed by coffee or tea.

The food was nice and served quickly with large portions.

The only downside was the fact that halfway through our lunch the staff decided they were going to start setting some tables for the evening and there was a lot of banging and clashing of cutlery.
Apart from this - a great restaurant!

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Average food and ripped off.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Went there with a 4 pals on Saturday night. Ordered a set menu for two x 2. Food came out and it was average at best, but the quantities were shocking. We noticed the couple sat next to us ordered the same set menu but for 2, and were receiving the same amount of food as us! We thought there must be a mistake and they probably thought we wanted the set menu for 2 to share between 4 of us. When the bill came for £80 instead of £40 we decided to discuss with the manager who was very dismissive and assured us we had received DOUBLE what the couple beside. We argued this and his defence was that the plates our food had come out on were bigger. He tried to prove it by showing us the size difference of the plates. They were probably 10% bigger at best - we had paid double! Don't go if you care about value for money - rip off!

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Romsey, United Kingdom
“Great place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I have used Water Margin since it opened many years ago and have always had nothing but good food and good service, it was local for me but since I moved it is birthdays and high days only for a visit one that I always continue to look forward to.

• Visited December 2013