We spent 3 nights in this lovely lodge tucked away in the forest next to a lake. The evening we arrived the lodge was lit with burning torches and oil lamps - so atmospheric and romantic. Our lodge was very comfortable with Mosquito nets round the bed and an outdoor bath and shower. The rooms were rather dim in the evening and although they provided a torch it was also rather dim so reading at night was not possible for us. The food was great and all the staff were brilliant, friendly and genuinely enthusiastic about their jobs (Zack, Andi and Blessing). There were hippos and flamingos in the lake and when we did the kayak trip we saw 2 huge Python's and some crocodiles. It was my husbands birthday while we were there and we were surprised by the sweet kitchen ladies coming to our table at dinner to present a beautiful cake and sing happy birthday (so sweet as they were very shy). We also did the forest walk led by the lovely guide George who even took my son and his girlfriend on a little ride across the river on the little raft that the locals use. We were given an amazing packed lunch for our snorkeling trip to Kosi mouth - watch out for the cheeky monkeys while you're eating! All in all, great staff, great activities and great fun!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kosi Forest Lodge is a 16 bed lodge fenced into the iSimangaliso Wetland Park, an internationally recognised World Heritage Site. We provide a snug and intimate base from which guests can explore this extraordinary area of splendour and diversity, or relax surrounded by incredible natural beauty. The lounge, dining room and bar extend into a large, wooden deck built in the shade of an enormous Zulu Podberry tree, and we take full advantage of Maputuland’s sultry weather with most meals served alfresco on the deck or sheltered beneath large Albizia trees.We have carefully positioned the thatched bush suites in the sand forest for privacy and peace under the canopy of shady trees. Low wooden bedroom walls with mosquito netting and roll-up canvas blinds allow for maximum views of the surrounding forest, and arguably the lodge’s most popular feature is the romantic, open air, en-suite bathroom set in white beach sand and enclosed by a reed boma. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Kosi Forest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kosi Forest Hotel Maputaland Coastal Forest Reserve
- Kosi Forest Lodge South Africa/Maputaland Coastal Forest Reserve