I arrived at Sipapu for a four night stay. My cabin was over run with flies. Come to find out they had warm weather a few days before and they had only checked the cabins that they had complaints on to clear the flies, mine was not one of them. My neighbors next door had no towels when they arrived after repeated requests they still had no towels. The staff in the main office is not that friendly and I don't think they really care. I work in hospitality and trust me if my hotel which is a luxury hotel had treated our guests like the employees at Sipapu we would have several bad reviews. If you are a beginner skier it's a good place to go. For me I was making it down the slopes in 5-7 minutes and I am an advanced skier, I won't go back and ski there, as there weren't enough slope choices. The upper lift & slope was open but I don't know why as it was all rocks & no snow. Think rustic, poor customer svc if any, cheap & you get what you pay for. I would recommend this place to families that seek a place for their kids to ski. But if you want a challenge or more choices when skiing then I would not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 20 miles southeast of Taos and 2 hours north of Albuquerque, Sipapu Ski and Summer Resort offers over 40 accommodations, including suites, cabins, historic lodge rooms, RV sites and more. All of the slopeside rooms are located steps from Sipapu's main chair lift, and most include kitchens and fireplaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Sipapu Ski & Summer Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sipapu Ski & Summer Hotel Vadito
- Sipapu Ski And Summer Resort