The mountain and grounds are beautiful. The skiing is good. The lift tickets and rental rates are reasonable. The lodging is ABYSMAL. We paid $150 to stay in a motel room on New Year's Day ($119 + $20 for our dog + taxes). The room was totally bare bones, remniscent of a college dorm room circa 1972. It had two queen beds, a couple lamps, a dresser, a bathroom. No tv. No fridge. No microwave. Not even a clock. The beds gave me a backache that lasted a week. The cherry on top was the a noxious odor in the room- eau du mold and clorox? I would never stay at the Sipapu Lodge again. Even for free- which as you will find on their website- they sometimes offer with 'buy a lift ticket and stay for free' specials. Do yourself a favor and stay in Espanola or Taos and wake up a little early to drive to the ski basin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 20 miles southeast of Taos and 2 hours north of Albuquerque, Sipapu Ski and Summer Resort offers over 40 accommodations, including suites, cabins, historic lodge rooms, RV sites and more. All of the slopeside rooms are located steps from Sipapu's main chair lift, and most include kitchens and fireplaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Sipapu Ski & Summer Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sipapu Ski And Summer Resort
- Sipapu Ski & Summer Hotel Vadito