“Stayed with friends in duplex” 4 of 5 stars

You added Sipapu Ski & Summer Resort to your Saves list
Sipapu Ski & Summer Resort
2.0 of 5 Lodge   |   5224 State Highway 518, Vadito, NM 87579   |
Vernon, Texas
“Stayed with friends in duplex”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

I have visited the resort at least 8 times over the years and the last visit was in May,2013. I love your place because of reduced area in summer time as well as the rustic qualities of being in the woods. Also your staff are friendly and helpful. I went to the river nearby and was able to catch trout this last time. I especially enjoyed being able to take my small dog with me as well. It was nice to have a store that sold basic fishing supplies and licenses as well as great fudge. I liked how you can get towels by returning the used one's. I like how there are no tvs since I am wanting to get away from it all. We rented the duplexes this last time together. I like how you updated the bathrooms, kitchens, and even the back window. I did have some suggestions: have instructions on how to light heaters, have a barrier behind back window so people walking will not really by and peer into window. On the 2nd story duplex, I loved having Windows open to hear the river but then found them hard to close. We had a problem in 2 areas: the sink drainpipe was leaking-- we used the other kitchen instead and let management know about it; one night at midnight someone kept knocking on our door--could have thought it was the office manager maybe. We did not have trouble from the drinking and music crowd as we did in 2012 when they had gathered in parking lot and got loud for a short time. Overall, I felt safe in all my visits there. I have another suggestion of redoing the downstairs front window of the duplex-- it looks like a beaver had chewed parts of it. Overall, Iove the resort and look forward to visiting it with my middle-aged friends who are on a budget. The place is generally clean with fresh bedding.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Every year after Christmas we plan a family get away to Sipapu!!! This year will be our 8th year going and we are looking forward to the new memories we will make! I have nothing but great things to say! Staff are all friendly and helpful! Both our son and daughter have benefited from the free ski and snowboard lessons, now they leave us on the slopes. The rooms are always clean and well equipped for our family!! The grandma even benefited from the rescue staff once. We love Sipapu Ski Resort and are looking forward to our stay!!! Thanks for the memories in advance Sipapu!!!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

We were here the week before thanksgiving. We did not stay on the property, but found a great house to rent 15 miles or so away.

The lift tickets were very affordable, and we intended to ski for two days. A snow storm put us there too late for morning lessons, but that turned out to save us a ton of money! We were helped by a very friendly lady who got us all set up. The staff fitting our boots and blades were great, too. Because we missed the lesson, we decided to try to teach ourselves to ski (two adults and our 15, 12, and 11 year old children) and decide later on taking a lesson. The unfortunate thing about coming so early is that they only had one very small "hill" (not steep at all) open. Even with no experience, we were skiing it with no problem right off the bat. So glad we didn't pay for lessons!! Would love to go back now, as I know they have other actual slopes for beginners open. Since the baby bunny hill was all that was open, we decided to not go back a second day. I might be able to rate this even higher if more had been open when we went. That first baby hill isn't much fun if you are over 8 years old...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

This place was the worst first off they have nothing in the rooms no tv no internet no way to prepare your food. They won't let you bring your own food or beer in the lodge they try to force you to by theirs and its over price jail food super gross. Everyone looks and acts like they just did a hit of crack. Theirs nothing to do when the slopes close at 4 except sit in your room and stare at thier dumpy walls. VERY VERY Disapointed and will never go back. :(

• Stayed November 2013

Travelers are raving about these Vadito hotels

Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

While staying in Santa Fe before thanksgiving we discovered there was a ski resort already in play! Only some of the routes where open but it had a great service, and really friendly staff! We enjoyed our day very very much and it was one of the cheapest ski resorts I've ever encountered so that was good too ;)

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

They have great ski packages and the mountain is beautiful, but there are only 42 trails so if you are staying multiple days you might get a little burnt out. The lodging is very affordable and the rooms are very clean, however the rooms are a little dated and have no tv's so you need to take something with you to do after the slopes close. I highly recommend this place if you're on a budget or if you just want to take a weekend trip.

• Stayed December 2012
Topeka, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We just got home from a weeks stay and loved the place!! We rented a suite one night and Cabin #2 for 6 nights. The suite was roomy and clean but the cabin was more to our liking because of the privacy, coziness, layout and proximity to the pond. We don't have kids so I can't give any feedback on that aspect but our dogs LOVED it!!!!!! The cabin just felt like it was "ours", you know? The staff was always courteous and helpful, too.

Beautiful country and a refreshing get away from our hot, Kansas summer!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sipapu Ski & Summer Resort? Share your experiences!