“Ok stay at the Quality” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Tucumcari

You added Quality Inn Tucumcari to your Saves list
Quality Inn Tucumcari
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3716 E. Tucumcari Blvd., PO Box 808, Tucumcari, NM 88401 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Tucumcari
Salem, Oregon
“Ok stay at the Quality”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

The hotel is easily located off the freeway. Rooms very very large. The hotel is older but nice. The only thing was that the windows let in a draft and the heater couldn't really keep up. The beds could be upgraded, but aren't too bad. It was in early march and it was cold outside. But don't let it deter you. Hotel rates were reasonable.

It does have a nice restaurant in it. Dinner was great. In the morning there is a full hot breakfast complimentary. Eggs, bacon, waffles, etc. it was all great.

Plenty of parking for RVs and semi trucks. Big parking on the other side of the road for big trucks.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Call hotel for best rate
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

During our cross-country move I stayed here with my 6-yr-old son. We had a car full of stuff and it was midnight when we pulled in, but I felt safe as a single woman travelling. I checked tripadvisor for the the reviews before going in to get a room & decided it was fine for our overnight stay based on what I read. they're renovating but I didn't see any issues.

The staff was helpful and explained breakfast and where the room was located in relation to the front desk. Unfortunately there weren't any 1st floor non-smoking rooms available, and we had to get a 2nd floor room. I did mention my mobility issues, but they didn't have anything - which was fine bc I didn't make advance reservations. I wasn't sure where we'd be stopping for the night while I was driving & accepted this could happen when I chose a hotel. Because my disability is of the chronic pain/mobility/breathing types, I wasn't able to bring our suitcase with clothing upstairs to the room. Again, without an advance reservation, I expected to make some concessions and it was the last leg of our trip, so no big deal. The beds were so comfy I fell asleep right away. Plenty of towels and it was clean. I liked the curved shower curtain even though I didn't use the shower. Plenty of outlets to recharge our electronics overnight. We didn't use the outdoor pool, but it looked nice.

Breakfast was delicious with hot ham slices, pancakes, cereal, eggs, etc. It was included with the stay, but the food ticket/voucher says can't bring it from the restaurant area to your room. We didn't ask or try this & enjoyed the dining room area. My kid was just happy that he was allowed to eat the fruit-loops cereal! The doors to the rooms lead directly outside, so if you don't like this type of set up, it's not the place for you. I was fine with it, and all the locks made me feel safe enough. There's two gas stations next door, which was really convenient for us to fill up and get snacks before we started the last leg of our trip to Tucson. I would stay here again during a road trip through the state.

Room Tip: If you have a mobility disability, call in advance for reservations for a non-smoking, first floor r...
Natchez Trace on the Mississippi River
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Overnight stay enroute to spring break ski. Staff nice. Resturaunt adequate. Room needs repair; door lock faulty, vanity/sink half falling down linens and sheets well worn and need to be replaced and internet not functioning. Complained at check out and when returned home I received mailed notice of a $15 refund to credit card .Thanks for the $ back, but I probably wont be back there are to many other places for a nights rest.

Room Tip: Go to the next exit and find a newer hotel or one that maintains the property.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on our trip from AZ to WI. We have a 73 # dog so pet friendly is a must. The front desk staff was wonderful ( even delivered our food from the restaurant to our room) and the room was very clean Our dog loved his stay as well. This is the cleanest most inviting place we stayed our entire trip. If you read some of the previous reviews, please keep in mind that there are new owners and that they are making changes and updates. So don't go solely on the older reviews.We will definitely stay here again!!!!

• Stayed March 2013
Oklahoma City, OK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed one night here on our way to NM to go skiing. This place is clean, comfortable and friendly and under new ownership (I think about six months ago).

We ate at the restaurant the night we arrived, ordering two chicken enchilada dinners and steak and one dessert. The dinners were excellent. The cake was excellent too, but not homemade. The only thing that was annoying was it was too quiet there even though there were people at other tables. Nobody was talking, so it was awkward to do so. It wasn't the hotel's fault. If there were some background music, then maybe that would help.

The breakfast was a buffet with real scrambled eggs, hash browns,either bacon or sausage (can't remember because I didn't take any), yogurt, different breads/pastries (didn't have any), juices and coffee. It was better than most Choice Hotels breakfasts.

The room was clean and smelled good. The bed was comfortable and tv had many channel choices. Overall, it was a great stay. We would definitely stay here again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there 2 days and the service was excellent. The front desk was very friendly and helped with my computer.. They offered us free bottled water for the trip home! Rooms were clean. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed February 2013
Garden City, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

The worst hotel I have stayed. I booked through Choice 1-800 number and the Quality Inn did not have either of the rooms I reserved and due to the time of night I politely settled for the two they had left. The front desk clerks were polite did the best they could. In the morning neither room had hot water and I was told when they have the whole hotel booked this happens. In Room (#248) the heater did not work. My bed was hard and uncomfortable and the TV remote did not work. The whole room looked shabby. There was a sheet of ice in front of my room and the ice machine and vending machines on our floor were "out of order". The only bright spot of the entire stay was the decent breakfast. The only thing I received for my poor experience was refund of 1000 points per room. I am very disappointed with reservation process, room in general, and the overall condition of this hotel. S. Barrett, Elite Gold member

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn Tucumcari? Share your experiences!