“Double Charged, Broken English” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Tucumari Inn

Tucumari Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tucumcari
Tucumari Inn
You added Tucumari Inn to your Saves list
1700 East Tucumcari Blvd., Tucumcari, NM 88401   |
Ranked #23 of 23 Hotels in Tucumcari
Wichita, Kansas
“Double Charged, Broken English”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

The primary issue I had was the fact that they double charged my credit card. I called, and through one hang up, and a second call, finally understood that the woman (they're from India and speak broken English) was telling me that they had returned the second charge. Interestingly, she "knew" that the charge had been returned, this a week later, yet she had no idea who I was, nor when I stayed. The charge was not returned, so entering a dispute with my bank.

You get what you pay for, the beds were ok, the toilet seat was not attached to the toilet, and the toilet needed a new flush valve. I'd have been ok with it for two adults and one child at $43, but not so much at $86.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Couldn't believe I got a decent room for $30 a night including taxes!! I work in Northeastern New Mexico a lot and this place will get my business again. No silver spoons, no mint on the pillow, no silk sheets, just a room that was clean enough to sleep in until work the follwing day and all at a price that will bring me back again. I didn't think in this day and age where motels want $50 a night and up that bargains like this were available anymore, what a pleasant surprise.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Purcell, OK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

We thought we were going to tent, but decided instead to opt for a hotel.

The positive:
My wife and I got a hotel room for less than $30. Check in was quick.

The rest of the story...
Clerk would not accept my credit card - said their credit card machine was not working. Room smelled poorly. Bed was rock hard - and this comes from someone who backpacks and sleeps on the ground a lot. Pillows were flat. Bottom sheet on bed was not fitted, and after a night of rolling around on a hard bed, was completely untucked leaving us sleeping on the mattress. Heat/AC unit was very loud. Light in the bathroom only flickered and never would come completely on. Didn't try shower or bathtub.

However, I was most intrigued by the bathroom fixtures. I've never seen a purple toilet or bathtub before. And the use of a white toilet seat on the purple toilet is a style that I'm sure will catch on. I've noted it here so that after Martha Stewart steals the idea, we'll all know where it came from.

Overall, next time I'm in Tucumcari, I'll pay a little more somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

(To put the review in context) Tonight I was looking for the $15 motel I had seen in Tucumcari in the past, but things have changed in the last six months. There were no (open) motels for under $20, there used to be at least three. A couple of the motels no longer had prices posted and look like they have gone to ‘monthly rates.’ Four other motels have closed since my last trip through so there is less competition. I did see three other motels for less than the $25 I paid here.

The room was clean, the water was hot, the room was warm ... that's all I need. Plus FREE WiFi. And a block from the Rockin' Y's Roadhouse (food).

The room is basic, no frills so I was trying to think of what to post and started comparing it to other resent motels.

WiFi - The night before I stayed here, I paid $50 for a room and their WiFi didn't work most of the time. The night after I stayed here I paid $35 and they wanted another $5 to connect to their WiFi
Hot Water - I recently paid $70 for a room where it took 15 minutes to get hot water.
Heat - I've paid $50 for motels where either the heat was either on/off (no controls) or the gap around the door was so big the heater couldn't keep up

... so yes, this is a great motel ... for the price. (After I checked in, I remembered I've stayed here before)

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

I stayed here for three nights. I thought what I got was fair for the price. The rooms was clean, not pristine in there where scratches in the paint and on the toilet seat that could make it look dirty, but no dirt. The a/c worked fine, the room was decent size and had HBO. The gentleman at the desk was very friendly and helpful. If you are just looking for a place to stay this is it. If you want a splurge or romantic weekend you are probably better off with one of the chains. I was completely satisfied.

• Stayed July 2010
kansas city, mo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2009

the price should have been a clue. i think it was $30 for 2 people c/ a coupon. it look like the room hadn't be cleaned before our visit. a few odd bugs in room. no toilet paper, when i went to the front desk the male clerk acted like i interrupted his evening. the bathtub would drain when i tried to take a shower. would have been better off camping

avoid
At all Costs!!!!!

• Stayed June 2008
High Desert
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2008

The new owner is very rude. Key to room would not work (regular key, not a key card) I could not easily check out room condition, directly, that another member of our travelling party found.

At dinner, another member of our travelling party told me, that:

Dust puffs up in a cloud when walking on carpet.
Hole in walls.
No air conditioning (or cooling)
No water in pool (May in Tucumcari is not winter.)
He described the room as filthy.
He described the owner as nasty and rude.
The member did not stay.

I refused to stay and the owner refused to cancel my credit card charge.

This owner needs to either completely rework his business model or get out of the business.

I Absolutely Don't Recommend Any Consideration Of Staying At The Tucumcari Inn Under The Present Ownership!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Rude owner, filthy facility
  • Stayed May 2008