“Hotel in tucumcari” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 22 hotels in Tucumcari
Maricopa, Arizona
“Hotel in tucumcari”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

Very friendly and courteous. Rooms were clean and well maintained. My only complaint would be that the breakfast was cold and not very appetizing. The coffee was only Luke warm. The checkout was fast and accurate.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

158 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Bartlesville, Oklahoma, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Stayed at many hotels the past week - I was surprised that the price was a bit high for the area. Comfortable bed though. Breakfast room is big and breakfast is ok. When I checked in the price they quoted me was higher but the man quickly changed it when I brought it to his attention. For the price this hotel is just "ok".... I've stayed at cheaper convention hotels in Orlando.

Stayed December 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tucumcari, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear AnApple,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. I was delighted to read that after some initial issues with the room rates, this was soon sorted and this allowed you to enjoy your stay with us. We will always make sure that all our guests stays are comfortable.

Once again, thank you for your review. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the very near future.

Zelyn N
Shelby, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

we got in late at night after drivin many miles from Las Vagas, all we need was a quite clean hotel. it was very clean and the bed were great, we got a great nights sleep, and a nice breakfest in the moring. would stay again

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tucumcari, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear bob k,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. I am pleased to know that you find our rooms clean and beds comfortable, and breakfast up to par with your expectations. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment. Once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise.

Krysllin G
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

My room on the first floor was tired: carpets worn, sheets thinning. I got flea bites, a drawback to staying in hotels that allow pets, but the first time it's happened to me at a HIE. It was $25 more than the HIE last night in AR. I made the HUGE mistake of walking to the nearby steakhouse, KBob's, quite possibly the worst meal I have ever had in a restaurant in my life. Since it's a steakhouse, I ordered steak. It was overdone and tough; the mushrooms were cold and tasted weird; they must have been out of chives because they put regular green onions on the potato instead, which were very strong. Salad bar was fine.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tucumcari, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear jemamfo,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. Please accept our sincere apology for the overall dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay and we regret our hotel did not live up to your expectations. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and show you just how much we care about delivering an above average experience.

Krysllin G
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I recently stayed at this Holiday Inn Express and it was a very comfortable and pleasurable atmoshpere, very clean and nice spacious rooms. I had gottten my reservation easily online, and got checked in in a very timely fashion and the staff were very courteous. I would highly recomend staying here if you are passing through as in my case, or if you are staying for a longer stay, the breakfast was great, and the food was very hot and fresh.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
reccaP, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tucumcari, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for comments on your stay. We are pleased
you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you
in the future.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

After reviewing hotel possibilities in Tucumcari, and with our usual confidence level with the Holiday Inn Express brand, we booked a room here.

The check-in process was "neutral", neither good nor bad. We were not acknowledged as Priority Club members, not a big deal, but they are supposed to do that.

The room on the second floor had one nightstand ... we called and asked for a room with two nightstands and two lamps, and was told all rooms in the hotel are of this configuration. The innkeeper asked if there was anything else ... Told him the room was dark ... He asked if there was anything else ... I gave up.

The furnishings and carpet appear dated, and the sofa was full of dust across the back of it. Actually, the entire room seemed a bit dusty, and tired. It did have a refrigerator and microwave and tiny bar area.

The WiFi was easy to connect and responsive but repeatedly caused us to re-login ... very irritating. We also heard the sounds of automatically opening doors (probably the front door of the hotel) all night ... Like thunder in the distance.

At breakfast, we asked for the traditional Holiday Inn Express cinnamon rolls. We were told they "ran out yesterday". The scrambled eggs resembled yellow pellets. The coffee was good. Overall, not a memorable breakfast.

On checkout they had no record that I had even checked in. WHAT? It took 10 minutes to get it straight; they did give me a reduced rate for their problem.

We would not return to this hotel ... It was a reminder that Holiday Inn still has a problem with consistency in its brands. One good stay does not equate to an equally good stay in their next property.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tucumcari, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear RoadsideVisions,

Ferdinand G
Russellville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed here one night on our way home from a southwest vacation. The hotel is very clean and quiet....a bit too quiet for me though. I wish the air conditioner/heating unit had a setting for constant fan. The unit turns off and on during the night and it was a bit hard for me to sleep. It probably wouldn't bother most people though.

Room Tip: If you are like me and need background noise to sleep; bring a fan with you. I forgot mine this tri...