One of the reasons we had selected this hotel was for the promised amenities, including, specifically, the exercise room. Much to our dismay, the room was unbearably hot, with no air conditioning. When we queried the front desk, we were told, sorry, they don't have the ability to turn on the ac in there (there were 2 large vents in the ceiling), that the owner controls the ac for the public areas & doesn't have it turned on in there & they don't have a key to change it, they suggested we open the window, which was ridiculous, it was already opened & likely part of the reason for the unbearable heat/humidity in there, as it was near 100 degrees outside with about that amount of humidity! So we propped open the one door to the hallway, which at least had some amount of ac (it was set to 78 on the thermostat in the hall in the locked box) & proceeded to try to utilize the equipment. The recumbent bike I tried, as well as the treadmill my husband tried, neither worked properly & the heat was unbearable; we had no choice but to retreat to our room, put on our swimsuits & try to get some exercise in the pool. Indoor pool was about 90 degrees, warmer than bathwater, again, pretty unpleasant to try to utilize for exercise. Husband wanted to use the sauna, it was off, so we turned it on when we got in the pool, 25 minutes later, still not heated enough to use...the pool room was hotter & steamier from the overheated pool & open windows. All in all very dissatisfactory for features that were supposed to be included & usable for the not inexpensive price we paid to stay at this hotel. The room was okay, bed reasonably comfortable, room fairly clean, less than ideal towels, stained washcloth.
As stated in the title, just okay, not great, certainly not worth the price we paid, no plans to stay here again on any future road trips unless there is a change in management with improvements to making all of the facilities functional.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New Hotel in Tucumcari- NM Boasts Premium Amenities Enjoy comfort at the new Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tucumcari near historic Route 66. Families will love lodging in Tucumcari- NM- located just off I-40- between Amarillo- TX and Albuquerque- NM. We offer close proximity to Mesalands Community College- the NMSU Ag-Science Center and many local attractions- including the Mesalands Dinosaur Museum- the Tucumcari Historical Museum and Ute Lake State Park. Other nearby activities include the Tucumcari Municipal Golf Course and the beautiful and historic downtown area. Business travelers are often impressed by our comfortable accommodations near historic Route 66 in New Mexico. Situated in downtown Tucumcari- our hotel is convenient to the Tucumcari Convention Center and the Tucumcari Municipal Airport. Nearby companies include Wells Fargo Banking- Comcast and Interstate Trucking- so you don't have to worry about being late to a meeting. In addition- our Tucumari hotel provides a Business Center with a fax machine- copier- printer- computer and free high-speed Internet access for your convenience. While lodging in Tucumcari- NM- you can enjoy premium amenities- which include an indoor pool- a dry sauna- a fun game room with a pool table and big screen TV and a lovely garden retreat where you can relax. Book your reservation now to enjoy our great Tucumcari hotel deals and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tucumcari reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Tucumcari
- Holiday Inn Express Tucumcari
- Holiday Inn Tucumcari
- Tucumcari Holiday Inn