“VERY PLEASED” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 22 hotels in Tucumcari
Mount Pleasant, Iowa
“VERY PLEASED”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This was our best stay when traveling halfway through the country. The pool was clean and warm. The beds were very comfortable. The bathroom and shower very nice. Tim at front desk went above and beyond. The breakfast was one of the best if not best free breakfast we have had yet. Conveniently located off I40.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

156 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Mankato, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The only problem we had was at check in. The process went smoothly and we were given our room keys. We went to the room and the keys did not open the door, returned to desk and had the key redone, went back to the room and found the room was already occupied. Back to the desk again and finally received the correct room assignment. Everything else was OK but this was something that should never have happened. There were a lot of people checking in and both workers seem very flustered.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
reccaP, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tucumcari, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Romar556,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. Sorry to hear about the confusion during the check in process, we have addressed your concerns with the staff. We hope you will stay with us in your future travels.

Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Stayed here in February 2013 while traveling across the country, I have nothing negative to see about the hotel except that its a little difficult to find if you are heading east on 40 didn't see the entrance until after I had turned around and was heading back towards 40 to stay at another hotel

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed here one night in March 2013. We stayed in a suite on the 2nd floor, (not sure the exact rm #). I like lots of space for all my stuff (I pack a lot). When I inquired about the suites during making a reservation, it wasn’t a whole lot more $ than a regular room, which made it absolutely worth it just to have a few extra feet of space. The room was very nice, tidy, it had a wonderful shower with lots of pressure (I love that), - entire bathroom was very clean & nice. The bedroom area had a king bed with flat screen tv, plus a sitting room with couch, coffee table and another flat screen tv. The closet was very nice size & the cool part was the entire closet face/front was mirror. I was able to utilize that mirror while hubby was getting ready in the bathroom.
Lobby area was very nice & spacious with friendly people at the desk. Each time we walked by they would acknowledge with a friendly hello. We didn’t have time for sit down breakfast nor do we usually eat breakfast, however hubby grabbed a pastry on the way out the door & said it was fantastic. We rolled in late & left early so cannot review anything like pools, fitness ect. Did not seek anything out so don’t know whats all here.
This HIE has a nice large parking lot which we like, as opposed to parking lots where cars are packed liked sardines and you worry all night about getting door dinged or worse.
The elevators and those cart thingy’s provided in the lobby came in handy for carrying in all my stuff. (I travel with my own towels, bedding, coffeepot, you name it). I know I’m neurotic lol.
The only thing that wasn’t up to par was the curtains, they very obviously needed laundered. When I went to look out the window of our room, I noticed right away the window coverings had what appeared to be brown stains in several places on the sheer inner curtain. It reminded me of a kid that just finished eating spaghetti’os with his fingers, and then grabbing the curtains. They were roundish stains,- like fingertip size. It wasn’t just one either, these brownish-red spots were in several places on the curtains. Made me feel icky, like I wonder what else isn’t washed in here,..
Because of that, 4 stars.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Michigan City, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We were exceptionally pleased with the cleanliness and comfort of this hotel. I really loved the warm indoor swimming pool and hot tub - great way to unwind! There are several restaurants within walking distance and we enjoyed a good sit-down meal after all the fast food meals. This is a convenient and comfortable place to stop.

Room Tip: Our room was comfortable. Don't know about the others. We were in the middle of the second flo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My fiance and I were driving cross country and stopped overnight here. My fiance did most of the planning and when we pulled off the highway I must admit I was slightly concerned. There really is not much here and it looks a little sketchy. Although I can't speak much for the area, my concerns regarding the hotel were unfounded. It was actually a really nice place, and considering the area and my expectations, I'd even say outstanding. Very clean, modern, comfortable, and roomy. We did not use any of the "facilities" (pool, gym, lounge area, etc.) but they looked pretty good.

The free breakfast was a really nice treat and a good surprise. Lots of options and not bad at all really. The eating area was very roomy and nicely set up, with lots of food options.

One recommendation I would make is to try to figure out a dinner option before you arrive. There is not much at all in the vicinity of the hotel. So if you show up hungry, you will largely be screwed, unless you want to eat at McD's or KFC. I am sure the hotel has room service options, but I cannot comment on that as we didn't try it, but just know in advance that you will have very limited food options once you get off the highway and check into the hotel.

Browsing through the options listed here on tripadvisor, of hotels in the area, I'd say this is likely the most modern, clean, contemporary hotel in the area. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Wasn't quite sure what to expect when I rolled into this little spot but was quite impressed
The hotel is very clean quiet and comfortable.The front desk are very helpful just like any other Holiday Inn the breakfast is the same ,However this is one of the biggest breakfast areas I have seen.They have a very nice indoor pool for the kids or adults nice workout room and even a huge room with a very nice pool table in it.Like I said very impressed if I have to return to this area for work I will be staying here..

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tucumcari? Share your experiences!