“Great stop along the way” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Tucumcari
Michigan City, Indiana
“Great stop along the way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We were exceptionally pleased with the cleanliness and comfort of this hotel. I really loved the warm indoor swimming pool and hot tub - great way to unwind! There are several restaurants within walking distance and we enjoyed a good sit-down meal after all the fast food meals. This is a convenient and comfortable place to stop.

Room Tip: Our room was comfortable. Don't know about the others. We were in the middle of the second flo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My fiance and I were driving cross country and stopped overnight here. My fiance did most of the planning and when we pulled off the highway I must admit I was slightly concerned. There really is not much here and it looks a little sketchy. Although I can't speak much for the area, my concerns regarding the hotel were unfounded. It was actually a really nice place, and considering the area and my expectations, I'd even say outstanding. Very clean, modern, comfortable, and roomy. We did not use any of the "facilities" (pool, gym, lounge area, etc.) but they looked pretty good.

The free breakfast was a really nice treat and a good surprise. Lots of options and not bad at all really. The eating area was very roomy and nicely set up, with lots of food options.

One recommendation I would make is to try to figure out a dinner option before you arrive. There is not much at all in the vicinity of the hotel. So if you show up hungry, you will largely be screwed, unless you want to eat at McD's or KFC. I am sure the hotel has room service options, but I cannot comment on that as we didn't try it, but just know in advance that you will have very limited food options once you get off the highway and check into the hotel.

Browsing through the options listed here on tripadvisor, of hotels in the area, I'd say this is likely the most modern, clean, contemporary hotel in the area. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Wasn't quite sure what to expect when I rolled into this little spot but was quite impressed
The hotel is very clean quiet and comfortable.The front desk are very helpful just like any other Holiday Inn the breakfast is the same ,However this is one of the biggest breakfast areas I have seen.They have a very nice indoor pool for the kids or adults nice workout room and even a huge room with a very nice pool table in it.Like I said very impressed if I have to return to this area for work I will be staying here..

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We have stayed here previously and the place has aged a bit since our last stay a few years ago but is still meets the standards. It was clean but the mattress was not nearly as good as most every other HI Express we have stayed in.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

stayed on 12/23/12. both night & day staff were pleasant & courteous, although didn't acknowledge me as a priority club member on check-in. an earlier reviewer probably said it best when they described the hotel as good for Tucumcari, but just average amongst other HIE properties. hotel had all the standard HIE amenities (free hot b-fast, indoor pool, fitness center, fridge & micro in room). room was clean, bed was comfortable, carpet could probably use replacing. was pleasantly surprised to find that the room seemed to have better sound-proofing than many other hotels (including most HIE) that I've stayed at. while in the hall, could hear some noise from people in their rooms (in particular a teenage girl singing along to her mp3 player -loudly), but once my door was closed, I could hear nothing - not even doors opening or closing. that was a pleasant surprise considering my exhaustion from the drive. sad to see that Tucumcari is kind of a dried up little town now, from what I'm sure was its hey-days of Rte 66.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tucumcari, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear cwiamy,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

It's a really nice hotel, great beds and pillows, super clean and a great selection for breakfast! I'm one of those that usually rips off the comforter to sleep and wont touch anything, not this place.. Felt like a really fancy hotel! I'm very impressed. I will stay again!!

• Stayed December 2012
Magnolia, Kentucky, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I was very disappointed in this Holiday Inns front desk. The young man was sullen. In addition an odd smell was noticed. I asked the young man if there was a problem. His reply sent us out the door to La Quinta.

• Stayed December 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tucumcari, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Dear Denise M,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class customer service and it is our regret that we failed to deliver an exemplary performance in this context. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tucumcari? Share your experiences!