My fiance and I were driving cross country and stopped overnight here. My fiance did most of the planning and when we pulled off the highway I must admit I was slightly concerned. There really is not much here and it looks a little sketchy. Although I can't speak much for the area, my concerns regarding the hotel were unfounded. It was actually a really nice place, and considering the area and my expectations, I'd even say outstanding. Very clean, modern, comfortable, and roomy. We did not use any of the "facilities" (pool, gym, lounge area, etc.) but they looked pretty good.
The free breakfast was a really nice treat and a good surprise. Lots of options and not bad at all really. The eating area was very roomy and nicely set up, with lots of food options.
One recommendation I would make is to try to figure out a dinner option before you arrive. There is not much at all in the vicinity of the hotel. So if you show up hungry, you will largely be screwed, unless you want to eat at McD's or KFC. I am sure the hotel has room service options, but I cannot comment on that as we didn't try it, but just know in advance that you will have very limited food options once you get off the highway and check into the hotel.
Browsing through the options listed here on tripadvisor, of hotels in the area, I'd say this is likely the most modern, clean, contemporary hotel in the area. You won't be disappointed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New Hotel in Tucumcari- NM Boasts Premium Amenities Enjoy comfort at the new Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tucumcari near historic Route 66. Families will love lodging in Tucumcari- NM- located just off I-40- between Amarillo- TX and Albuquerque- NM. We offer close proximity to Mesalands Community College- the NMSU Ag-Science Center and many local attractions- including the Mesalands Dinosaur Museum- the Tucumcari Historical Museum and Ute Lake State Park. Other nearby activities include the Tucumcari Municipal Golf Course and the beautiful and historic downtown area. Business travelers are often impressed by our comfortable accommodations near historic Route 66 in New Mexico. Situated in downtown Tucumcari- our hotel is convenient to the Tucumcari Convention Center and the Tucumcari Municipal Airport. Nearby companies include Wells Fargo Banking- Comcast and Interstate Trucking- so you don't have to worry about being late to a meeting. In addition- our Tucumari hotel provides a Business Center with a fax machine- copier- printer- computer and free high-speed Internet access for your convenience. While lodging in Tucumcari- NM- you can enjoy premium amenities- which include an indoor pool- a dry sauna- a fun game room with a pool table and big screen TV and a lovely garden retreat where you can relax. Book your reservation now to enjoy our great Tucumcari hotel deals and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tucumcari reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Tucumcari
- Holiday Inn Express Tucumcari
- Holiday Inn Tucumcari
- Tucumcari Holiday Inn