“Very Nice and Clean” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Tucumcari
Chicago, Illinois
“Very Nice and Clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Wasn't quite sure what to expect when I rolled into this little spot but was quite impressed
The hotel is very clean quiet and comfortable.The front desk are very helpful just like any other Holiday Inn the breakfast is the same ,However this is one of the biggest breakfast areas I have seen.They have a very nice indoor pool for the kids or adults nice workout room and even a huge room with a very nice pool table in it.Like I said very impressed if I have to return to this area for work I will be staying here..

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We have stayed here previously and the place has aged a bit since our last stay a few years ago but is still meets the standards. It was clean but the mattress was not nearly as good as most every other HI Express we have stayed in.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

stayed on 12/23/12. both night & day staff were pleasant & courteous, although didn't acknowledge me as a priority club member on check-in. an earlier reviewer probably said it best when they described the hotel as good for Tucumcari, but just average amongst other HIE properties. hotel had all the standard HIE amenities (free hot b-fast, indoor pool, fitness center, fridge & micro in room). room was clean, bed was comfortable, carpet could probably use replacing. was pleasantly surprised to find that the room seemed to have better sound-proofing than many other hotels (including most HIE) that I've stayed at. while in the hall, could hear some noise from people in their rooms (in particular a teenage girl singing along to her mp3 player -loudly), but once my door was closed, I could hear nothing - not even doors opening or closing. that was a pleasant surprise considering my exhaustion from the drive. sad to see that Tucumcari is kind of a dried up little town now, from what I'm sure was its hey-days of Rte 66.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tucumcari, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear cwiamy,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

It's a really nice hotel, great beds and pillows, super clean and a great selection for breakfast! I'm one of those that usually rips off the comforter to sleep and wont touch anything, not this place.. Felt like a really fancy hotel! I'm very impressed. I will stay again!!

• Stayed December 2012
Magnolia, Kentucky, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

I was very disappointed in this Holiday Inns front desk. The young man was sullen. In addition an odd smell was noticed. I asked the young man if there was a problem. His reply sent us out the door to La Quinta.

• Stayed December 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tucumcari, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Dear Denise M,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class customer service and it is our regret that we failed to deliver an exemplary performance in this context. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Saint Joseph, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This Holiday Inn Express isn't the nicest I have stayed in, but was a very pleasant stay. Lots of amenities, quiet and comfortable. They are one of the few hotels in the area that take CLC cards which helps discount the price a great deal. I would stay here again if I find myself in Tucumcari again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Northfield, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This hotel is on historic Route 66 which is also, at that point, I-40. It was a typical Holiday Inn Express with no surprises of either the good or bad type. The room was quiet and clean. The bed was comfortable. The staff were friendly and efficient. The breakfast was a bit disappointing in that the egg dish, an omlettey sort of thing was quite dry and tough and the sausage was also a bit dry. There is a reasonable number of breakfast items to choose from including the pancakes from the pancake machine. All in all it was a reasonable place to stay at a reasonable price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tucumcari? Share your experiences!