“Great Motel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Swallow Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tucumcari
Blue Swallow Motel
You added Blue Swallow Motel to your Saves list
815 E. Route 66, Tucumcari, NM 88401   |
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Tucumcari
Hurricane, West Virginia, United States
“Great Motel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband and I took a trip with some friends and we stayed at the Blue Swallow Motel in August of this year. What a great place. The owners (Kevin and Nancy) are so nice. The place is 50/60's style and part of Historic Route 66. If you ever get a chance to go, please do. You will not regret it. If I ever get back to NM, I will stay there again.

Room Tip: Any room is a great room to stay in.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I loved the vintage feel of the Blue Swallow, but appreciated the modern convenience of having wi-fi as well. Kevin and Nancy were great hosts, provided a great environment and even hosted a s'more session in honor of National Toasted Marshmallow Day. They (and their local friends) were great to socialize with around the fire and were a wealth of information about the city, its history, and what they want it to be.

I knew someone that had stayed in Tucumcari a couple of months before I went through and had nothing good to say about the town or their chain hotel. I had a completely opposite experience and credit the Blue Swallow for my positive experience.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 5 which is known as "the quiet corner". They are currently renovating Ro...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Fort Worth, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

My wife and I stayed here on our way from Dallas area to Santa Fe. Owners drove to the airport to pick us up (we flew our small Cessna). They were very friendly and made us feel quite at home. The room was small but clean and comfortable with everything you need. They loaned us margarita glasses to fix our evening libation. The historic inn is now accessorized with their historic car collection. All in all, very recommended.

Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We were on our way to Santa Fe and Taos from Arlington Texas and stopped over for a night at the Blue Swallow. We had a wonderful time. The bed was comfortable, clean rooms, the history fun, the price right, and the owners very hospitable. There's not a whole lot to do in Tucumcari, but if you are passing through for a night this is absolutely the place to stay! Much more interesting than any hotel....

Room Tip: Which room you want will depend on how many are traveling with you as they are different sizes...
Broken Bow, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

After reading about the Blue Swallow, and other historic motels, on line, my wife and I decided to stop over at the Swallow on a motorcycle trip from Oklahoma to Las Vegas. We were celebrating our 30th anniversary. Our stay was great, our hosts could not have been better and the old cars and painted murals added to the whole experience.Like alot of families back in the 50's we did not stay often in a motel. The Blue Swallow is what I remember from those rare occasions when we were treated to night on the road. Do yourself a favor, stop and get aquainted with Kevin and Nancy, they are just great people.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

This was our second stay over the last 13 months. It is perfect. Very clean. The owners cannot do enough to make the stay super pleasent.

The Blue Swallow is the very best Route 66 motel I have seen. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: We like Unit 15. It has two double beds and is on the end.
Sheffield Village, Oh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We traveled Rt.66 from Joliet, Il to Needles, Ca. staying at 10 vintage Rt.66 Motels and the Blue Swallow was the best. We liked it so much that we got off the interstate on the way back to Ohio and stayed there again on the way home. Kevin and Nancy are the best. We met and talked to lots of very nice people along Rt.66 but really enjoyed our time with Kevin and Nancy. A second Rt.66 trip is in my future and I want to try some motels that I was not able to on my first trip but will definitely stay again at the Blue Swallow. Tom Easterday, Sheffield Village, Ohio

Room Tip: Hospitality was exceptional!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Blue Swallow Motel? Share your experiences!