“Worst experience ever!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 28 Restaurants in Tucumcari
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican, Steakhouse, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Worst experience ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Walking in was fine, place was clean, only about 3 other customers. There were 3 of us, only 2 of us received our food, and only half of it. Our third guest never got her food. We asked to speak to the manager, he was very rude and definitely not what a manager should be. He walked away from our table saying he was a bad manager and he didn't have to talk to us. He then brought back our ticket that we HAD to pay for, without even eating our food. By far, the worst worst place we have ever been. I don't like fast food, but I'd take that over this place any time. I cringe just thinking about this place.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

White mtns,az
“Just So-So”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I went to this restaurant because the clerk at the hotel said that it was just about the only place to eat in Tucumcari on a Sunday. The cleanliness of the establishment, including the restroom was above par. I ordered a chef's salad which was ok, but it had a lot of water at the bottom, but the clincher was their coconut cream pie, which I ordered to go. When I open the container up, back at my hotel room, there was a hair on it. Ok, so I just called them back and a mgr. offered to bring another piece to my room. Now, that was refreshing, but the replacement piece was just not right. I was told it was made at the restaurant there, but find it hard to believe because the whipped cream on top was like a piece of frozen, store bought pie would be! Not light or creamy, but almost gelatin like and the filling was tasteless. This place will need to do better, if there ever expect return diners!
Also, the waitress was not very attentive after bringing my meal to my table. She apologized profusely when she did come back, but by that time, I was more than ready for my check.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Norman, Oklahoma
“Keep your expectations low, very low.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Let's start with the good stuff: The salsa (red and green) is spicy and pretty fair. The staff was friendly albeit not very apt and the manager stopped by. The restrooms and restaurant are clean. Which is always a plus on a road trip. Also, they have a shuttle to take you to and from the hotel for free when you get too tipsy.

And now to the not so fun: The food is really below average. It's not well prepared, the ingredients aren't good to start with (vegetables weren't fresh, lettuce was from a bag, tomatoes were cheap and bland). The menu lacks direction (it has mexican, sandwiches, and steaks.) But most importantly, the food is terrible and the service is slow. Like molasses in January slow.

Don't... Don't get the mexican food. Listen to me. I know it's new mexico, I know you want to, but don't. Hopefully other sections of their menu are better.

Would I go again? Not in this lifetime. Would I recommend it to a friend? No. An Enemy? Perhaps.

I know the hotel gave you a coupon. I know the reviews are "good", but don't do it. Save yourself the money and go to any number of other establishments in the nearby area.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Seattle
“Nice place for dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We arrived as a large group was departing and things got confused, but the Pow Wow has a decent salad bar and a nice flank steak.

Visited May 2013
Chicago, IL
“Good food and nice staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

After a long drive, this was a perfect place for dinner. Good selection of food well prepared. Staff was friendly and pleasant. Deco is a little funky Route 66 motif.

Visited May 2013