“Great Denny's Great Food” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 28 Restaurants in Tucumcari
Cuisines: American
“Great Denny's Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Had breakfast after spending the night Motel 6, Was greeted at the door and seated immediately - Server introduced herself right away and took drink orders (dark coffee - hot and great flavor). Ordered chicken fried steak and it was really good. I would eat here any time and strongly recommend this Denny's!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Lousy Server 1-19-12 appx 18:00 hrs local”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I visited Denny's this evening and was promptly greeted and seated near the back just behind the bar area(if you want to call it that). My server was middle aged hispanic woman who seemed to be preoccupied and in a hurry. Nonetheless I ordered a bacon cheeseburger well done. My server brought my order out and immediately began to walk away without asking me if I needed any condiments? I then immediately noticed my burger was not cooked as I had kindly specified. I didn't even have to poke it with a knife, it was so obvious by the color around the rim and grease coming out of it. I told my server this is not well done may I have it re cooked? Without any apology whatsoever she picked up my plate and while hastily walking away uttered "well he cooked it well done". End of story I got up and proceeded to the register to pay for my drink. The manager then came over, apologized and asked if I would like another server which I declined. I'am reluctant to send food back most of the time because I don't want to roll the dice and risk having my food spat in. One bad apple can really ruin any visit. No problem with anyone else just her so beware.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Indiana
“Good Food - Messy diner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

The food at this Denny's was great. But the floor in the restaurant was filthy. It looked like there had been a food fight or bus load of messy people. Things did start getting cleaned up when the manager got there at 7am.

Visited January 2013
Gainesville, Texas
“Close by the Hotel and open late”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Hungry and arrive late to the Hotel; Denny's was close by and open. All the people in the restaurant were very nice and the service was good. The food was hot and good...that is what I expect from Denny's.

Visited September 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“Not so great”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

The coffee was lukewarm and the food the same. I would not go back here. There were not very many people here and maybe bad food is why.

Visited September 2012