“We'd stay here again. :>” 4 of 5 stars

Americas Best Value Inn Tucumcari
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3604 East Tucumcari Boulevard, Tucumcari, NM 88401   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Tucumcari
“We'd stay here again. :>”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

We stayed here last night for the first sleep of our cross-country drive from Nevada to Virginia. The host, Rama, was charming and solicitous, and booked us in room 110 without a reservation, telling us exactly where to park so we could see our vehicle right outside our window.

The King bed was roomy and comfortable; the linens were clean.
The light blue, southwestern-themed (non-smoking) room was equipped with a small fridge and coffee maker, iron and ironing board, tissues (side of the sink) and blow dryer, and had no odd smells or issues. The decor and carpet were dated but not overly worn. I appreciated that this motel has interior halls, and felt safe and comfortable.

The tube television had LOTS of cable channel choices with a good picture and clean remote, the AC worked well (we left it set at 7, just as instructed!), and the free wifi worked just fine.

Plumbing in the sink and bathroom worked as expected, and the shower, which easily accommodated my tall companion, had a clean, convex shower curtain (a plus in my book as I am easily skeeved out by clingy-shower curtains! and dirty remotes! and carpets! *none* of which were a problem here).

The tap water in Tucumcari doesn't taste great, but we had bottled water on-hand for drinking and making coffee.

A free cold breakfast was provided in a meeting room off of the lobby (see pics). The offerings included apples, oranges, two types of cold cereal, refrigerated milk, bread for toasting, packaged danishes (tasty!), Tampico orange drink, and air pots of coffee and hot water for tea, with sugar, sweetener, and powdered creamer.

For quick accommodations under $50, we found this motel fit the bill. To quote my significant other, "If you are the type that expects granite counter tops, marble tile, a bidet, and a sixty inch plasma TV, this is not going to satisfy, but if you are like the majority of the planet, this motel is perfectly fine, a great value for the price."

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
RAYPATEL2014, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Tucumcari, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Greetings, I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and I am very grateful that you wrote a positive review about your recent stay with us, and I hope that when you return to our area, you stay with us. We want to be your home away from home.

Please Travel Safely

Rama and Ray
Americas Best Value Inn

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Charlevoix, Mi.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

I booked a king bed room and I was very happy with my stay. Room was clean and comfortable with a mini fridge, table and chairs, iron ect &the lots of tv channels. The breakfast was basic but satisfactory and the motel was quiet and felt safe. Inside corridors and well lit parking lot. WiFi worked well. The only problem I have is with the bad review written by someone who never stayed here. Its not the motels fault the person didn't read or follow the "fine" print. I stayed 2 nights and enjoyed my stay. If your looking for a budget friendly & clean motel I recommend this property

• Stayed March 2014
RAYPATEL2014, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Tucumcari, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
I am so very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay, I appreciate the kind words and I look froward to seeing you return soon. I work diligently to make sure that I offer the best service in town at the most affordable rates.

Please travel safely

Bullhead City, Arizona, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

DO NOT STAY at this Hotel unless you don't want a clean room, or a room with no television, a hotel with no ice machine or pop machine, and no complimentary breakfast that is advertised on the web. This stay has to be the worst experience ever had in all of our years staying in motels and hotels. The staff consists of one "lady" who has no customer service.

Room Tip: Do not stay in any of these rooms
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
I am so sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay, I do offer a continental breakfast the breakfast area is located in our lobby area. I did look into the issues that you mentioned and found no issues, but this does not mean that I did not meet or exceed your expectations, and for this I am truly sorry. I hope that you are willing to give me a second chance, and that you have very safe travels.

Sincerely

Americas Best Value Inn Ticumcaru New Mexico
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I called to cancel my room - told that I had to cancel online - then if you read the small print this hotel has to be canceled the day before you stay by 3pm - I missed that time by 15 minutes. A Mr Patel responded with a generic response that I didn't meet the cancelation guidelines. If they screw you before you stay there the experience of staying there must be worse

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
I am so sorry to see that you did not stay at my Hotel, if you had you would have seen the true commitment, and value that I have worked diligently to instill in my hotel. I also am very sorry that I could not do anything about the cancellation terms of your reservation, and I hope that the next time you are in the area you do stay at my hotel.

Safe Travels

Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed here on our way to Arizona. It was easy to find, inexpensive, and they provided our family with a breakfast in the morning (fruit, cereal, and coffee). The owners were very helpful and kind and made the stay very comfortable. Things were clean in the rooms though they seemed a little outdated. Overall, for the price and for breakfast, it was great.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Greetings I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay at my hotel, and hope to see you come back soon. I also wanted to thank you personally for writing such a great review about you positive experience at my hotel. I work very hard to see that each and every one of my guests has the feeling that they are staying in their own home.

wising you Safe Travels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here in July 2013 on my way to Arizona. The owners, I think, run the place and checked me in. They are from the UK. I was driving my orange Mustang across country and they ooh'd ahh'd over it. They were both friendly and recommended a good restaurant at which to eat dinner. This is an older building and it could use little work, some of the grout in the bathroom floor was missing, leaving gaps between the tiles, but it is by no means in bad condition. The rooms are clean and the bed comfortable, really about all I require from a motel. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
Hello I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay, I also want to thank you so very much for writing such a wonderful review about your stay with me and my husband as you were traveling through the area. I wish you very safe travels, and hope to see you soon.

Please Travel Safely

Americas Best Value Inn Tucumcaru New Mexico

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Tucumcari? Share your experiences!