“Stay here again ” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Tucumcari
Rogers
“Stay here again ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Hampton Inn hasn't disappointed me yet. They are doing some remodeling in the breakfast area, but didn't affect us. Would definitely stay here again. It was easy off and on to I40. They advertise that they even change your comforter between guests. That's a big plus to me.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Rainsville, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We have stayed in many Hilton Hotels over the years and this was truly the worst experience we have ever had. The hotel smelled terrible, the rooms were dirty. There was human hair stuck to the walls and ceiling of the bathroom. If the hotel uncleanliness was not bad enough, the clerk was very rude to not only my husband but my children too. If you are ever passing through Tucumcari, NM and need a hotel, I suggest you pass this one up.

I complained to the property and to Hilton direct. Even though they have a posted 100% satisfaction guarantee, they continue to give me the run-around to avoid refunding my money. This hotel does not live up to the Hampton standards and although I have been loyal to Hampton in the past, I believe I will find a new flag to give my loyalty too after this experience. I've been attempting to get a refund for almost 60 days.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Evergreen, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We pulled into town after a long drive from Joplin. This Hampton Inn was up to all standards set by Hilton. The room was clean and quiet so we got a good night's sleep. Breakfast was good the next morning and offered a nice selection. Only minor problem with the room is that when I turned on the heater to reduce the chill on a cool night, the smoke alarm went off in the room. It stopped as soon as I turned off the heater. No one from the hotel came to inquire about the alarm. The channel selection for the hotel t.v. is the worst I have seen. Very limited selection so I ended up watching horrible chick flicks. Since there is absolutely nothing to do in this town after sunset, this hotel should pay a few bucks and offer a better selection. I may not return solely for this reason.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The room looks just like the one I stayed at in Flagstaff, except this one also had a microwave and mini refrigerator, which I wasn't expecting. I was expecting a subpar breakfast, but instead, they had delicious little omelets and smoked farmers' sausage. The bananas were ripe, and there was a good selection for everybody. It's probably the best complimentary breakfast I've ever had at any hampton inn. The location is quiet, on the outskirts of town. If you get in after 9 pm, note that the town is basically closed down for the night except for a convenience store. The bed was very comfortable, and resolved a stiff neck gained the night before at a different hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Leesburg, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed here on the way to Albuquerque. It was an ordinary Hampton Inn, not so great, but not so awful. What WAS awful was that in the morning as we exited the room, OUR RECEIPT, along with those of everyone else up and down the hallway, was lying on the floor OUTSIDE our door. It had our names, address, phone number, AND THE TYPE and LAST FOUR OF OUR CREDIT CARD! In these days of identify theft and credit card fraud, that was INEXCUSABLE! To Hampton Inn's credit, they honored their engraved-in-the-counter-top guarantee, and refunded our charge. Nevertheless, we were appalled that this occurred!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Edmond, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This hotel is a typical Hampton that offers the best accommodations in town. The location is excellent - near the Route 66 restaurants and further from the noise and pollution of I-40 than many of the hotels in town. Our a/c worked well (the fan will run continuously for white noise and good temperature control) and I especially like the Hampton duvet style bedding. The free breakfast is good. Our room and the common areas were cleaned well .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Pool was not very clean. It had an odor and murkey water. The Breakfast was lousy, busiquits but no gravy, no sausage. Eggs that were dry and flavorless.. Staff not very helpful, re: dinner suggestions. One of the worst Hampton Inns we have stayed at.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Tucumcari? Share your experiences!