“Interesting and flavorful” 4 of 5 stars

Jarabacoa, Dominican Republic
20 attraction reviews
“Interesting and flavorful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This is a small business that sells mostly wholesale to retailers. There is a bricked entrance with blue lattice and a silver door that says Welcome, for some reason this is not a public entrance and you will cause a lot of excitement if you try to enter here. If you want to purchase cheese or just take a peek at the factory, go to the smaller white door on the left side of the front of the building. Upon entering, you will see a small cheese display to your left. Stand just inside the door until someone attends to you. Health codes prevent a spur of the moment tour of the factory, but from the doorway you can see most of the operation and I was allowed to take pictures. We purchased a 10 oz block of Green Chile Jack for under $3.00 which I consider a good price. They didn't have change for a $20.00 so we rustled up three dollars in cash and the lady who attended to us had to go get change. It appears that they don't make a practice of selling from the factory. The factory looked very clean and smelled of bleach, the workers were dressed to satisfy health codes and also looked clean. We made our visit brief, but are glad we made the stop, the cheese is made of pasteurized whole milk, green chile, salt, cheese culture, and enzymes, the taste is excellent, should have purchased more!

Visited November 2012

Santa Fe, New Mexico
14 attraction reviews
“Great Cheese!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I had read other Tripadvisor reviews about things to do in Tucumcari. So we went to the Cheese Factory. I am so glad I did.
I bought some Cheddar and Green Chile cheese. It really packs a punch. I'm sorry that I didn't get the Feta cheese. Well, next time...

Visited June 2012
Fort Worth, Texas
“Fantastic cheese”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I first found this great cheese by accident on the way to Albuquerque. Bought a couple of 10 oz, packages of the Green Chili, Jack. Liked it so well I stopped on the back to Fort Worth and purchased several to give to friends. They liked it so well that on my last trip I brought back 100 lb.
We have since discovered that if unopened it will keep for over a year and still taste fresh. A friend even froze some and said it was good and not crumbly when thawed.

Visited December 2011
New Orleans, Louisiana
25 attraction reviews
“Neat little cheese factory, no tours”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012 via mobile

This place is literally in te middle of nowhere. Go in the front door without the sign on it, and there's one case they sell cheese out of. You have to buy the feta in bulk, but it's so worth t! Asiago is good, too. They don't give tours, but it's a neat lilltle operation to see.

Loxley, Alabama, United States
12 attraction reviews
“WONDERFUL CHEESE!! Minutes from Interstate. A must stop.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

I hope we go home this way so I can stock up the refrigerator in my motor home with lots of this wonderful cheese. We paid only $2.99 a pound for great cheese. If sold at grocery I bet you would pay upwards of $6 pound. I believe the Feta has won awards. Pepper Jack is perfect. It comes in shrink pack so it will keep. Go early, I understand everyone is gone by 2pm. Call first if in doubt. Only about 4 minutes off highway. Big open streets so we can maneuver our 40 ft motor home and tow vehicle easily.

Visited April 2012