“Eat with the Locals in Old Time Diner” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in Tucumcari
Cuisines: American, Mexican
California
“Eat with the Locals in Old Time Diner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We loved the ambiance of this old time diner! The place was filled with "regulars" enjoying their weekday breakfast, which is always a sign of excellent food. Our breakfast was delicious and served by an attentive waitress. Recommend!

Visited October 2012

Midwest
“Decent Meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Decent meal, slightly overpriced, but it's the middle of nowhere, so ... it was worthwhile. Comparable to a Denny's.

Visited October 2012
Belen, New Mexico
“Good Food, Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We ate lunch AND breakfast here......the food was very good and the service was friendly and prompt!

Visited November 2012
Riverside, CA
“One of my few Excellent ratings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I haven't rated very many locations/resturants/hotels excellent, but this place is filling the square of a 50's style route 66 resturant very well. Stopped here for b'fast after spending the night in Tucumcari. I had read a few reviews on-line about this place and all the good ones proved true. Service, price, and facilities far exceeded my expectations of a 50's style restaurant like this one. I had a pretty standard breakfast, eggs, toast, sausage, and a biscuit and gravy, coffee. Bill was a little over $8.00. Get there early or the newspapers will be gone, I got the last one at around 7:30 AM, and this was mid week. Back to the service, it was right on. I noticed that of the 3 waitresses they didn't hesitate to fill a customer's coffee of a customer who one of the other young ladies were waiting on. I think just during that one stop each one of them did some service for me, took the order, another brought the food out, another brought coffee around, and I forgot who brought the bill to the table, but it was defiantly a team effort.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Great Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Very good food. Very nice staff. We'll be eating here again when we come back through on our way back home.

• Visited October 2012