“Motel Hell” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americana Motel

Americana Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tucumcari
Americana Motel
You added Americana Motel to your Saves list
406 E. Route 66, Tucumcari, NM 88401   |
Ranked #23 of 23 Hotels in Tucumcari
Rockford, Illinois
“Motel Hell”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We decided to stay at this hotel because it was on Route 66. The owners wanted more money because we had 4 kids. The room was dirty, bathroom was filthy. In the morning when we went to their breakfast they told us that it ended at 9 and we couldn't eat. They said it wasn't their responsibility to tell us the times and it wasn't posted. They were rude to the kids. The owner told one of the kids "why didn't we steal the tv because we were taking the roll of toilet paper" . They watched us like hawks and got upset because we took more than one bucket of ice. It is not American owned.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
nashville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

An old Route 66 motel. The rooms are small but restored and very nice, the bathroom was very large and clean. It had satellite TV and free Wi-Fi and a comfortable bed. The price was cheap and a great deal for the money. I will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

The main attraction wathe course of or stays the price - very inexpensive. $35 including a " continental breakfast " The rooms have potential, the room had two big beds, and has a retro feel, mini fridge. Nice TV. But all that lost the charm over the choose of it stay. There were hairs on the pillow - I didn't tell my husband. We were so tired. Then we couldn't get the TV to work and the owner came to fix it. He over and over blamed us for touching the wrong button and messing it up. He invited another apparent long term resident to try and fix it while we were in the room. It wasn't a huge deal, the family owned atmosphere is normally appealing to us, but is was very unprofessional. And the breakfast has no right to be advertised, it is a total ploy to wrongly give more value to the price. It was totally appalling and disgusting. The orange juice had an expiration of 2013 - 1.5 years previous to our stay, there was a sign saying to only use the milk for the cereal, it is forbidden to drink it in a glass. My four year old started to take a bite out of a packaged pastry and he threw it away and said it had the taste of vinegar. The spoons were all dirty, stained with coffee. Honestly, I've been more comfortable in economy accommodations in third world countries. We are very relaxed and easy to please people, but this was just too much. I felt disgusted the whole next day. And then paid a little more money to stay in a three star hotel the next night to feel human again. I hope you read this Americana, because your apparent cheapness seems to be the only thing holding you back from keeping you from having a cute and unique rt. 66 motel. I cannot recommend anyone to stay there unless you are on a very tight budget, and then I would recommend a sleeping bed and to realize that you will have to buy even your coffee at McDonald.

• Stayed May 2014
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I stopped on impulse rather than drive on into Amarillo from Albuquerque, so I didn't read the reviews and am glad. This was a Sunday evening and the lady at the desk was very nice, verified twice that I wanted non smoking. Got room 103. VERY clean, fresh paint, clean fridge, microwave,small coffee pot, no hairdryer, nice 32" flatscreen with cable. Free password protected internet. Whole thing tax included was 34.00. When she said the price, for a moment I panicked thinking I had gotten myself into a "by the hour" not the night motel. But it was perfect for one person who just needs to get off the road. I have stayed at, and reviewed, another motel in Tucumcari that was fine, cute and trendy and I liked it too. But it was over 100.00 a night. So I am glad there are a few motels that are just real basic so that when you combine them with the trendy ones and the big chains, Tucumcari has something for everyone.

Room Tip: 103 was close to the front, got a good wifi signal
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Morganton, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Real old motor court on rt. 66 - perfect for nostalgia buffs. Sign says "American Owned" but owners rudeness is anything but American attitude. With coupon $32 tax included, owner wanted $5 more to upgrade to 'nicer' room. We stayed Sept. 17, 2013.

Room 102 is typical room from late 1940s. One electrical outlet. Very small cramped room. Large neat bathroom (no elect. outlets). King bed soft. Room clean. New TV. Refrig / Microwave.

A U.S. Marine couple in U-Haul truck with car in tow hit a small pole in parking lot. The male owner, Sam, came out yelling and cussing the retired Marine and called the cops - over the damage (which was very minor).

The rude owners is what makes this a poor rating.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet. "U" shaped court park in front of room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
South Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Americana Motel is quite decent for the weary traveller. The beds are comfy and the rooms are simple but serviceable. The price is dirt cheap but as long as you are realistic you'll enjoy our stay.

Only disappointing thing was the service at the desk, the staff weren't very nice.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Anaheim Hills, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Used coupon but wished we had stayed somewhere else. Dark, dreary room. Bed not at all comfortable. No electric outlet in the bathrooms for hair dryer etc. Felt like I was in a motel from a horror movie. Did not feel safe. Interesting that they asked if we had pets (we did not) but a dog was in another room the whole time we were there. Pets were not allowed!!!! Wished we had left instead of staying. Only felt somewhat safe as traveling with my husband. Otherwise if alone would have pushed my driving to a bigger hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Americana Motel? Share your experiences!