“A pet friendly motel with charm and great value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rocket Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Truth or Consequences
Rocket Inn
You added Rocket Inn to your Saves list
605 N. Date Street, Truth or Consequences, NM 87901 (Formerly Red Haven Motel)   |
colorado
“A pet friendly motel with charm and great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

To start off this review, my husband and I love vintage motels. The Rocket Inn is a 1940's renovated motor-court motel that is tastefully decorated (see photos on their website) and has all the amenities needed for a comfortable stay at an excellent price. Our room (#6) came equipped with comfortable beds, good size shower, flat screen tv with many channels, wireless internet, frig and microwave, remote control heater/air conditioner and lots of charm. The owner was very friendly and helpful in making our stay in Truth or Consequences, NM an enjoyable. Next time we visit T or C we will definitely be staying at the Rocket Inn again. I just hope there is a vacancy available!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I stopped at the Rocket Inn while traveling from Colorado to Arizona for Thanksgiving and unlike my experiences last year with another property, this year's choice was a winner.

The motel has friendly, helpful proprietors, is conveniently located, is reasonable priced, and features rooms that are neat, clean and fully functional.

I rarely sleep well when I travel, but I must admit to getting a pretty good night's sleep at the Rocket Inn.

Unless you absolutely must have the plastic sameness of a large chain, you'd do yourself a favor by giving them a try . . .

Room Tip: Any room here should be a good room, as there doesn't seem to be any late night traffic . . .
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Clarkdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We were very pleased with our stay at the Rocket Inn.
The owners, Cydney and Val, are lovely people, very helpful and engaging.
The motel, a 1940s motorcourt with a small 1970s addition, has been wonderfully and artfully renovated and is very clean and well-maintained. It's also just a 6 block stroll from Truth or Consequences' Historic Hot Springs District downtown.

The website represents the property well, and the on-line reservations system was without glitch. We stayed in #11, the Pluto Room, a pet-friendly room at the far edge of the property. It was perfect for us. We are fans of vintage motels and this one ranks high on our list. Lots of thoughtful touches and nice amenities.The heating/cooling system was very high tech and efficient. Tidy restroom with good shower and interesting vintage sink/mirror elements. The flat screen TV got lots of channels. The in-room fridge and dining table were nice bonus for folks like us who travel with picnic foods. Very clean room with nice linens. We slept great the two nights we spent at the Rocket Inn. We very much appreciate pet-friendly places. The Rocket Inn charged a nominal fee for our dogs.

The front desk can coordinate spa passes for some of the local hot springs locations. We arranged for a private soak at one of the local mineral pools for a discounted price. Most of the hot springs spas in the area have day use areas for visitors, and you don't need to stay at one overnight to enjoy their mineral baths. The Rocket Inn is a great alternative option!

I would recommend this motel to anyone visiting the T or C area.
We will be back!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hudson, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

It's nice when I can agree with all the good things other reviewers have to say about a hotel. A great way to relieve the boredom of the chains! Everything was clean and comfortable, and the owner was extremely friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Thanks for a perfect night!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I've been driving around New Mexico for a couple of weeks, and I think this is the best value hotel I've stayed in. I love old motels, and it really makes me happy when I see one that's well taken care of. Everything in my room was spotless and new, my bed was perfectly comfortable (not the least bit squishy or saggy), and there was a ceiling fan, which I am always glad for.

It's walking distance to T or C's downtown area, which is handy. I've stayed in a couple of places downtown before, with hot springs under them--but I think have the hot-spring bath in your room is slightly overrated, because...well, it just seems like a normal bath. Rocket Inn gives a discount for Riverbend, which has nice outdoor hot springs--which I like much better.

Room Tip: My king-bed room had a desk and chair. I peeked in a two-queen-bed room, which looked like the same...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed here after soaking in the mineral hot springs! The rooms were clean and comfortable. Small, but well kept. Perfect for a quick stay and nights rest. The price was great too!! Staff was extremely polite and helpful. I highly recommend this place!!

• Stayed July 2013
Aztec, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed one night at the Rocket Inn. It was very quiet, updated, and clean. The bed was decent (unlike some of the other properties we looked at). The staff was very helpful. It is a long walk, or a short drive to the Business District. The air conditioner might be a little noisy for some, but we slept okay. It does not have mineral baths, but they have coupons and suggestions for places in town that do. I would rather stay in a place without mineral water and the staining and smell that goes with it, and so the Rocket is where we will stay next time. My only suggestion would be to provide hair dryers in the room. I was loaned one at the front desk. Coffee is provided in the morning in the office. The room was a bargain at a little less than $50.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Rocket Inn? Share your experiences!