“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

10% off room rate
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

This was my second stay at the fire water lodge. It is a great place to stay for couples. Hot mineral baths in the room we chose (Morning Glory room). If you want a flat screen tv and lots of extras look elsewhere but it is small, quiet and clean. Free breakfast at the deli next door was a nice bonus too.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Ruidoso, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I always stay here when we come to Truth or Consequences. We love the soaking! We've stayed in the morning glory and the eucalyptus rooms, both awesome. You get a free coupon for an egg and cheese bagel in the morning at the Happy Belly Deli just steps away. Richard is always friendly and chats with us, recognizes us and invites us back. I absolutely give this place 5 stars, and there a few things you might know to be helpful. As a woman who gets cold easily I thought the blankets were insufficient in the winter (even with the extra included in the closet). I didn't want to have the space heaters running all night because they're noisy so we ran them all afternoon and evening to heat the place up and then turned them off. I would have brought my fluffy blanket if I had realized this. The noise of the fridge also kept me up so we wound up unplugging it during the night. The second bed in the Eucalyptus room is right beside the front window, outside of which is the pump for the hot springs. So every time someone pours water into their tub (any tub in the place it seemed) that pump turns on. While we didn't use that second bed, if you were planning to use it I imagine you might want ear plugs.

Caledonia, Wi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The rates are ridiculously reasonable for rooms with your own private mineral hot tub. Free breakfast is included, right next door at an esoteric and super tasty deli. An amazing Italian restaurant a very short walking distance from the Fire Water. Added pluses - comfortable mattresses and management that's ready to tend to your every need. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Very pretty room, great tub. However, walking in to the room we were assaulted by Lysol smell. I spritzed my perfume around and it settled down. The bed was not great but the husband and I both have back problems. If you're OK with these 2 things its a great space. The free breakfast at the deli next door was phenomenal. The tub was sooo relaxing and the owners were very friendly.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Our second visit to Fire Water Lodge, this time around we stayed in the Datura room. Comfy king bed and beautiful bath for soaking. We have a toddler and with a in room soaking tub, this was the best way for us to soak while she slept just a few feet away.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The best choice I could possibly have made. I loved the whole set up. Lovely patio to sit in, comfortable bed, soaking tub if that is your thing . Breakfast in the Happy Belly Deli right next door, best location in town, best restaurant for dinner just around the corner. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, thank you.

• Stayed October 2012
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We had a very enjoyable 5 nights stay here.
Perfect location in town. Next door to the delicious Happy Belly DeliCharming hosts and enchanting little lodge, wonderful, clean room with soaking tub. We will stay here again!

Room Tip: Spring for a room with your own hot springs tub -and book an hour with Tonia, a great massage therap...