“Amazing Steak” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Mill Valley, California
“Amazing Steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

Beautiful filet! The sides were not acceptable but the steak was amazing.

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

North Carolina Beach & Florida Gulf
“Time Warp Decor with Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

If you find yourself in T or C you will soon realize that the food choices are very limited. Not being a beef eater, I was very hesitant to go to a "steak house". Stepping inside, I was pleasantly not accosted with the smell of meat, but was taken aback at the very dated décor of what would have been a very upscale dining restaurant in the late 1970’s. Despite the looks, the menu was very varied with some real choices. The house salad was a step above the typical house salad. One of us had the catfish which was nicely prepared; the other had the chicken breast with a perfect sauce of green chilies and mellow cheese. Our waitress, Nancy, was very attentive and pleasant and made the dining experience memorable. We went rather late for a Saturday night, but I did notice that had some choices for an early bird special thru 7 pm.

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“Best Prime Rib Bar None!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

We both had prime rib (mine was the large size) and agree that this was the best prime rib we have had anywhere! I know that sounds like an exaggeration, but the only response I can make is you have to try it for yourself. We have traveled all over the world and have dined in some very expensive restaurants. So, to say I was surprised by the quality of this meal would be an understatement.

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lexington, Kentucky
“Steak so good, I sent the A1 sauce back.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

When you are staying in T or C, there are very few dining options available to you on a Sunday night. We ended up here not because we found the reviews on T.A., but because it was the only thing open on a Sunday night. The decor and atmosphere reminded me of that hotel in Sideways...VERY retro, bordering on tacky. But the steak? The steak was so amazing that if I had been able to eat it, I would have ordered another. The service was fantastic, even though we arrived about an hour before they closed. My husband and I agreed that our steaks were so juicy, so tender, that there was no need for sauce of any kind and sent it back. And the sides were also very very good. I would not say that we are experts on steak, but we know a bad one when we taste it and we were not at all disappointed by this restaurant.

• Visited February 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Angelo, Texas
“Excellent food and excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

We do not have any compplaint about this restaurant. The food quality was excellent.
The service was excellent.

This review is comming from a couple tha travel 11 month per year and like to eat healthy and not food full of preservatives and artificial ingrdients.

We are past the 60 years and our health is excellent. We do eat junk food or something similar.

• Visited May 2011