“Great experience!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa to your Saves list
Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa
501 McAdoo St, Truth or Consequences, NM 87901   |
Special Price
Stay 4 nights, pay for 3!
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Love this hotel! I have stayed there three times and every time was perfect. This time my grand children joined us for the hot tub experience and they loved it. The staff was very nice to them and treated them as welcome guests even though there aren't usually many children at this hotel. I really appreciated this and so did their parents. The kids were extremely well behaved so that helped too. I will definitely return. As a matter of fact, my daughter-in-law and I are planning a getaway there during football season this fall.

Room Tip: Try to reserve early because they fill up quickly. Try to get a patio room.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

This was a wonderful place to just relax. From the first evening I checked in, the service staff were friendly and personable. The soak and massage was so amazing that I stayed in a happy coma afterward. The room on the balcony was just divine. I loved that room! I even enjoyed some tea on the balcony after my massage one afternoon. Next time, however, I would request to not get placed so close to the main stairwell since I could hear too much foot movement throughout the day and night. The continental breakfast was nice, but severely limited. I would've been better off going out to eat for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014
Silver City, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

We just spent 2 nights at Sierra Grande Lodge to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary and had a wonderful time. We chose the Relaxation Package which included 4 soaks and a massage each. Our first soak was in the outside pool during a rain event Saturday at 9:30 PM and it was refreshing with cool rain and warm spa. The lodge was fairly busy but still was quiet. The other soaks, 2 on Sunday and another early Monday, 7 AM, were all ready right on time, very clean, ice water provided and private. My wife opted for the Aromatherapy Massage & Wrap given by Tina and she especially enjoyed the brisk scrub. David provided me with a fantastic 90 minute deep tissue massage; good pressure, hit my sore spots and was very professional. Also a thank you to Monica at the front desk for being attentive, friendly and just plain nice-one exmple-as we returned from dinner with a partial bottle of wine, she asked if we would like wine glasses-not many would be so aware. Due to the central location, it is easy to walk to good restaurants; we drove in Saturday afternoon and did not get in our car again until we left Monday morning.

Room Tip: Get a room on the east end away from the noise from the roof equipment. We had 208 and while a nice...
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I am almost loathe to recommend the Sierra Grande Lodge because right now it is my secret escape from reality place. . .SGL is a slice of paradise in New Mexico. An oasis with classic style, the friendliest and most attentive staff, the hottest mineral baths. Romantic, intimate, clean, friendly, private, good lighting and grounds. It's truly a healing spa.

Room Tip: All the balcony rooms are great, but the two on the bottom floor are very quiet.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Although we had planned to stay at the hotel awhile back and were unable to make it. We did stop for a soak on the way home after a weekend at Elephant Butte Lake. The experience was peaceful and relaxing. We chose a soak outdoors and if the weather permits I would def suggest an outdoor soak. The staff was welcoming and delightful. The experience made us so relaxed all we wanted to was sleep on the way home.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

My husband and I went this past weekend for his birthday and our anniversary. It was a surprise to him, and I wasn't quite sure how he was going to react. He absolutely loved it! The staff was very accommodating allowing me to store my food in their walk in refrigerator and have full use of the their kitchen area due to extreme dietary needs. The room was cozy and right next to the kitchen area for our convenience. Tina and Jodi, the ladies that did our spa treatments were great! The soaks were so nice and relaxing, my husband didn't want to get out when our time was up. We will most definitely be back!

Room Tip: Do not go to Truth or Consequences for the entertainment, nightlife or the food. In my opinion, rel...
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Comfortable rooms in a historic building with unexpected ambience. Hot mineral springs and breakfast were highlights! But most of all, the staff was exceptionally warm and helpful to our fun-loving group!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Co...
#4 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
4.0 of 5 stars 110 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Con...
#6 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
Charles Motel and Hot Springs
Charles Motel and Hot Springs
#8 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
4.0 of 5 stars 44 reviews

Been to Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!