“A desert oasis and real value!” 5 of 5 stars

501 McAdoo St, Truth or Consequences, NM 87901   |
Offers & Announcements
Ted Turner Suite special
Wilbraham, Massachusetts
“A desert oasis and real value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

T or C is one of the Southwest's best kept secrets. If it weren't for wanting so much to acknowledge this lovely area and the Sierra Grande, I'd just keep this unspoiled gem to myself rather than risk an influx of tourists. The staff at Sierra Grande were amazing. Genuinely warm and passionate about taking good care of their guests. The area is up and coming for artists, healers and those who appreciate both groups. Can't say enough about T or C and the Sierra Grande. I loved the soaks and the accommodations. Dayna in the spa is amazing too. I'll be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Fort Collins, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

This is an unexpected treat in an out of th way place. Everyone was super helpful, our hot springs soak was just the right end to a road trip. The room was clean and comfortable. They were helpful with directions to a place to eat and nice to our dog. What more could one ask?

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

When my husband suggested we do a "get-away" to T or C I was baffled? He then told me about staying at the Sierra Grande and convinced me. Boy was I ever glad we went! The hotel turned out to be the most quaint and relaxing place I ever imagined. The staff was so amzingly kind and welcoming. They were very welcoming to our three children as well. The Spa and hot baths were incredible. I highly recommend this place to anyone! It was very clean as well. It's so close to the little shoppng area and diners. Also visit BellaLuca Italian Cafe. They have THE BEST ITALIAN FOOD you will ever find in the USA!
We can't wait to go back for another relaxtion dream!

Room Tip: all rooms are great!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Santa Clara, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Revisiting this hotel with my wife will be one of two reasons I return on a trip to New Mexico in the future. T or C was not meant to be a highlight of our vacation to New Mexico, but this hotel helped turn that expectation on its head. After rushing around Santa Fe for a couple of days with a couple of young boys and experiencing a dreadful visit to Chimayo, this place gave us the feel that we were finally on vacation. The private hour-long soak in the hot spring of your choice was an incredible bonus. I am from Monterey, CA, and the type of room we got would have easily gone for $1,000 a night in Monterey, but it was only $150 per night. My wife and I loved the quality and selection of the fresh breads, muffins, and fruits for the continental breakfast. The only drawback I would say is that my wife and I are clean freaks and were both a little suspicious about the thoroughness of the cleaning of our room after the previous guest. It seemed as if the room were given just a superficial wipe-down.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

The accommodations are top notch and the staff are friendly and helpful. The spa facilities and offerings are first class. The continental breakfast can't be beat. Days later I am still relaxed and can't wait to return.

Room Tip: The balcony rooms are my favorite.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Very nice hotel, lovely people, relaxing soaks and great massages. The breakfasts were fresh and homemade. The veranda was perfect for relaxing and reading. Easy walking distance to the two main drags in town. Absolutely the place to stay in Truth or Consequences.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

If you want the fancy spa experience at a great price, this is the place for you. It is located in out-of-the-way Truth or Consequences, New Mexico. We drove 11 hours to get there, and it was worth it! (and I don't like to drive!) You will experience the private spa atmosphere. Yet the staff are so friendly! When we walked in bringing our own wine and food, they asked if we needed wine glasses, plates, or an opener. They truly want to make sure you enjoy everything from the quiet, peaceful environment to the glorious spa treatments. I have been to over 25 spas, and Sierra Grande offered as wide a variety of services as many spas that are 3 times as big (and twice the price). With a free continental breakfast of homemade goodies and mineral spa soak free with the price of your room rental, this is a great bargain.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!