“Watch out” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Watch out”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stop at K-Bob's for dinner on a Friday while heading to Silver City. The staff was very friendly and sat us immediately. While we received the adult menus no children's menu was offeed. The waitress did give us a list of what the children's menu included however. We order the chicken fried steak for me and my husband and macaroni and cheese for the grandson. The chicken frie steak was good nothing to rave about and the macaroni and cheese looked like something froma box. Also the waitress turned on the TV's in the dining area and put cartoons on, while this was entertaining for the kids it was also distracting. Almost done with our meal we noticed we had an audience, there were 8 roaches that had come up from behind the paneling and were standing on the trim watching us. We notified the waitress about the issue and promptly left.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Big, Juicy burgers!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

I've never been overwhelmed by food quality at any KBobs....their food fare is what it is so you just kind of have to accept what you get if you eat there, right? Imagine my surprise when I bit into one of the best Green Chile Cheeseburgers I've ever eaten. Never again will I order a steak at KBobs and just be satisfied....from now on tho', it's my traveling burger joint of choice. Who'da known?

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“If I only knew I would have went Denny's.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We did a quick look at Trip Advisor ratings and I'm surprised that with a rating of 3.5 out 4 it sucked pretty bad.

I started off writing a long review but changed and decided to go straight to the point. It's a so-so place so set your expectations real low.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“K-Bob's Rendevous”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I had to link up with our daughter for lunch and a quick meeting in T or C and needed a place to rendevous. We chose K-Bob's since we all knew where it was. The adults had the burgers in three different ways and they were huge and very good. The grandkids we drug along both had the chicken strips with gravy and that was very good. It is always nice to see finicky kids eat heartily, ha ha! The service was excellent and it is a convenient location for a traveler.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Navajo Dam
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

KBob's is an average steakhouse with a huge salad bar. We rarely order and entree because the food is just so-so. We ordered chicken fried steak one time. The chicken fried steak covered half the plate, but it was all batter and just a little piece of meat. They blamed it on a new cook who hadn't been properly trained. The salad bar is pretty good with the exeption of the macaroni and potato salads. I have had some good specialty salads there. I find dining in T or C is a crap shoot. We go there 2 or 3 times a year for fishing and stay 3 nights. We always eat at Kbob's one night, Bella Luca one night and have started bringing our little grill and making our own dinner one night. May have to do that 2 nights from now on.

• Visited June 2013