“Total disappointment.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Tinnie Silver Dollar Steakhouse & Saloon

Tinnie Silver Dollar Steakhouse & Saloon
28842 US Highway 70, Tinnie, NM 88351 (Formerly Tinnie Silver Dollar Restaurant)
575 653 4425
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Tinnie
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Sandwiches, Grill
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Tinnie Silver Dollar has a Package Store & Deli that is open 7 days a week, where you can get fresh sandwiches, made to order, soups and green chile burritos. There are two lodging suites on site, complete with corner jetted tubs. We also have a full service restaurant, where you can get an awesome meal. Open, Thurs.-Sat. for dinner and Sunday for brunch, we are the only restaurant in the area to grill over mesquite. If the stories are true, our beautiful bar used to be in one of Al Capone's bar's in Chicago. There are many beautiful antiques and paintings throughout the dining rooms, worth the stop even if you don't get a bite to eat. Tinnie Silver Dollar is also a beautiful location for weddings and special events. Full catering is available. We would love to help you make your special event memorable and enjoyable.
Midland, Texas
“Total disappointment.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We stopped at the Silver Dollar for dinner while passing through Tinnie Nm on 18 july 2014. I had just a wedge salad while my wife had the grilled chicken breast with a baked potato. My wedge was was out on time and pretty decent as far as a wedge of lettuce goes. My wife's meal was very late in coming and was WAY over cooked. Over done to the point of being tough, dry and burnt on the edges. Problem was the baked potato wasn't done so they left the chicken on the grill way too long. The chicken was eventually delivered without the potato (after I had finished my dinner). Chicken was almost not edible. Potato came 15 minutes later and was quite good. To compensate for the chicken, we were offered a free desert and took the cheese cake which was nothing but a cake from a some discount supply house. I was totally disappointed in the meal. Will not stop here again. I hope we just stopped on a bad day and this is not the norm.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Hidden gem in the mountains!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Go to the silver dollar. My husband and I made the drive from Ruidoso and it was totally worth it. Our prime rib was excellent, the service was great, and the chef personally came out to see how we liked our meal. I highly recommend it as a break from the run of the mill Mexican food in Ruidoso.

• Visited March 2014
Roswell, New Mexico
“Chic Historical Site Restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Have dined there twice and both meals were scrumptious!
The salmon was cooked to perfection the first time I ate there which is the sign of a great chef, it was moist......not overcooked.
My second dinner was Chateau Briand and was so moist and tender it could be cut with a fork! The green chile mashed potatoes to accompany this dish was perfect!
This is a MUST DO restaurant. Don't pass it by coming or going to Ruidoso!

• Visited July 2013
Wittmann
“Another great meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I was back in the area and my last meal here was so good I stopped by again. Chateau Briand with Béarnaise sauce excellent. They had live music in the bar which was nice. Service was average my first visit but excellent this time. The owner/chef even came out and chatted.

• Visited July 2013