“Great Time and Lovely Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aparthotel Mirador del Atlantico

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Amadores
Aparthotel Mirador del Atlantico
You added Aparthotel Mirador del Atlantico to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Islas Afortunadas Numero 5, Amadores, Gran Canaria, Spain   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Amadores
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
“Great Time and Lovely Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stayed 14 July to 28 July 2011 and had a great time,we were all inclusive the food very good with something for everyone, the service from the staff was great always trying to help with a smile on their face, Reyes,Franco,Anton and sorry to the ones who i have not named. Rooms cleaned to high standard and there is a laundry if you feel the need to wash your clothes,I did not visit the gym so i can not coment but quite a few did you collect keys from reception from 8am till 8pm i think. A big thank you to Jes and Vicky who organise entertainment,kids disco,crazt golf,water polo,bingo,killer pool,etc
The pool bar is where you get served outside the restaurant opening hours and we never had to wait more than 5 min to get served and no preference was shown to either all inclusive or paying guests people served in the order they arrived at bar.

If i was to complain it would be minor things like having to feed tv with euro's and paying for air conditioning which was 40 euros a week with 20 euro deposit and pool towels 1 euro per day,this adds about 150 euros to your holiday cost so that is my only mone and i would return as you are so well looked after.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Polish first
england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

This is a lovely clean spacious and friendly hotel, everything you would expect
and more !! from the welcome at reception to checking out on the last day it was
faultless !!! the hotel and rooms are immaculate and well kept and the rooms are
well equip, beds comfy with pillow top deep mattresses.
if i was really picky the shower didn't have much power and TV picture wasn't
too clear but we don't go on holiday to this beautiful hot country to watch TV
so not a problem !
plenty of sunbeds round the pool area and quiet areas and they were all tidied
away at night so it could be cleaned properly!! Pool bar good with happy hour
4-5pm every day and then again at 8-9pm. the food was lovely especially the
chefs salad!! its massive!!
as we were self catering we went out every night to eat ( after happy hour) so
we didnt really watch the entertainment.
i wont repeat what everyone else says about taxis and beaches etc as its all
good advice but will add bus to mogan is just 1.50 euro s each way from outside
the hotel!!
we did the submarine trip and would thoroughly recommend it, when else do you
get the opportunity to go 25 metres below sea level and explore a ship wreck !!
the trip worked out at about £25 with coach pick up and return and a cold drink
and a quick tour of mogan!! you have to book it through rep though as you cant
just turn up and pay!!
we also did the free trip to the cave houses which was very good ( apart from
the boring sales pitch ) once that's over it was well worth it!!

i would definitely return to this hotel and resort again !!!

Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

The service we received during our stay was excellent. The maid was in the room everyday (even came back when the kids were still sleeping). The apartment was spacious with everything you need in the kitchenette. Always plenty of hot water for the shower (this has been a bad experience at other hotels). The location was great not too far to the beach and the slight incline back to the hotel wasnt too taxing (having previously stayed in Puerto Rico). Also some great places to eat on the beach edge, the chinese all you can eat was a favourite with the kids, but overall the people in the restaurants were friendly and would do your meals to your personal taste.
Having stayed in July it was getting quite busy in the hotel and somedays loungers and parasols could cause an issue as some clearly thought it was a competion to see how early you could get a towel on a lounger!!! (this was my only gripe).
I went with my teenage daughters who like me wanted to sunbath and relax which we did everyday, but there was plenty for kids to do young or old, with the entertainment team about allday everyday.
Only had one evening meal in the restaurant and didnt really enjoy it, however the pool bar menu during the day served some great meals with something on the menu for everyones tastes, this also seemed better value for money, (we did go self catering but all inclusive is an option, although if i do go back i would go self catering again ).

Room Tip: Our room was on the third floor (A201) above reception great view of the beach and for the most part...
DROGHEDA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

Advertised on the Sunworld site as 4 star however on arrival we soon realised that this was a 3 star complex and in my opinion only worthy of a 3 star rating. This complex is definitely more suited to families rather than couples. Apartments were cleaned daily with clean towels provided daily. Need to invest in some additional umbrellas for poolside, as beds and umbrellas are reserved from early morning although sometimes unused for most of the day. The evening entertainment programme leaves a lot to be desired unless you are a bingo fan! Seemed to be the highlight of the evening entertainment and lets face it not everyone's cup of tea! Reception staff and restauant staff were very helpful but I cannot say the same for all the bar staff. At times you were left queueing for quite some time and the drink was often slopped up to you, if this happens be sure to complain. The apartments are well located in Amadores with bus stop outside. The buses run very regularly and more importantly on time. 20 mins bus ride into Peurto Mogan which is much more picturesque and upmarket. A walk along the cliffside into Peurto Rico will take about 20 mins. Taxis are inexpensive and can be booked at reception. Would I stay in Amadores again? Most definitely not for me however I would recommend for families with young children not expecting too much activities.

west midlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

just spent 2 weeks at the mirador, hotel was very good , staff friendly and helpfull, rooms cleaned everyday except wednesdays , veiws from rooms outstanding ( we were on top floor as we requested ) pool area clean and well kept , mainly families and couples around pool , we were self catering , kitchen in room was nicely stocked for purpose , but we ate out each day , the resort itself is very attractive and got a sort of relaxed feel to it , the beach is secound to none , sea is safe to swim in , a few bars / restuarants by beach , toilets and showers also by beach , however very hilly ! step out of hotel and your either going up or down a steep hill, not suitable for disabled or very old people , nearest resort with any night life and good eating is puerto rico , a taxi drive away , never cost more than 4 euros to get there , overall we would recommend this hotel ,its not fancy but friendly and safe and thats whats important

Room Tip: top floors , lifts available , best views and no one above you,
Camberley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

My Partner and I went to the Mirador for the first week in July 2011 and went with Thomas Cook. The flight was OK but my partner is 6ft 2" and had we not had a spare seat would have had absolutely no legroom at all.

The transfer was approx 1 Hr. we arrived in the Hotel at 2am on the 3rd July. The night porter was very helpful. He gave us a map and directions of how to get to our room and 2 bottles of water. He explained to us that if we wanted air conthat we wuld need to pay 40 euro's for the week and a 20 euro deposit. I found this to be quite expensive so we decieded to try and go with out. We made our way up to our room which was very easy to find however it was pitch black and the light switches for the walkways were either hard to find or I wasn't sure if they were the door bells for each room.

Once we found out room I was so pleased as I had expected that for £406 pp All Inclusive that the room would be dirty and run down but it was totally on the contrary. Te room was imaculate, with a large balcony off the living room and a juilette balcony off the bedroom. It was a twin 1 bed apartment I was over the moon about as for the price I paid I expected a Studio. The beds were super comfy and the Wardrodes went from floor to ceiling with a safety deposit box - Key at reception plus pay a deposit - fine.

There is a Tv in the room and it is a pay as you watch tv. If you dont watch you save your money, if you want to watch its 1 euro per hour - a good way to use up your 20 cents and 50 cents coins.

In the morning we deceided that even thought the air con was expensive, we were definately going to need it as it was knocking on 38 degrees. They have kind have got there on that one to be honest.

Breakfast was fine - except the eggs - fried eggs covered in oil and Scrambled eggs quality varied on a daily basis.

We had our welcome meeting with our Thomas cook rep - she was brilliant.

Playa Amadores beach is my favourite beach I have been to. Its as clear as the caribbean not too many rocks, no seaweed, not a strong current, no big crashing waves.
At the weekends it gets busy as all the locals go down but there is still always a patch of sand available to put your towels on. We were on the beach nearly everyday as the Hotel pool was full of kids - which is ok as the beach was so close. We paid 2.50 euros for an umbrella all day and you can get a sunbed for 3.00 euros per day but we just stuck with our towels. The beach is no peaceful hideaway but its great beach for families you always have your own space and its the first beach I've been to where I felt comfortable about the two of us going in to the water and leaving our bags. We only had lunch once at the hotel and it left a lot to be desired as did the evening meals but for what we paid .......... If I had paid £500 I would have been very diappointed with the food but I have to say that was the only part of the holiday that I can complain about. The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful as I cant say enough how clean it was.

Taxi's in to Puerto Rico are between 3.00 and 3.75 Euros - cheap as chips.

All in all A great cheap week away in a beautiful hot country with clean and friendly accomadation witha 5 minute walk to the beach.

Would I go back again?? Playa Amadores yes!!! Mirador del Atlantico? possibly if I got it for the same price but I would not pay more as you have additional extras to pay for that you would normally get included in an All inclusive.

Room Tip: If you want a quite room request C201
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

we are just back from the mirador had the best holiday ever with 3 kids aging form 4 to 10 there was plenty for all ages to do jezz and vicky the entertainers kept them busy all day and night ,rooms were clean views were stunning overal a beautiful place we will be back !!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Aparthotel Mirador del Atlantico? Share your experiences!