“Most comfortable beds yet” 3 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1515 Paseo del Pueblo Sur, Taos, NM 87571   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Taos
Clarksville, Ohio
“Most comfortable beds yet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We stayed one night at this hotel in Taos. The room was clean. They had the most comfortable beds we have slept on this whole two week trip. By far! The staff was friendly. The pool was indoor but in its own building. The water in the pool was so hot we didn't even bother getting into the hot tub. There were no towels available at the pool and we had to go to the front desk to get them. The used towels were just piled on the floor by the pool. There was a bit of a bad (musty?) smell in the pool building. Breakfast was adequate. Housekeeping keyed into our room before we checked out which I found kind of odd. Overall it was an average hotel stay. Oh! They did have wifi but they told us it was not working and had been out for awhile due to a lightning strike in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Taos, NM, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Facilities are badly in need of update. Hotel staff not helpful and indifferent on telephone. Expect better, up to date facilities….room furniture, bathroom fixtures, shower and sink plumbing were not in good working order.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Loved my stay in taos while visiting the area. Location is great. The best thing about my stay was the beds were so comfortable. Nice clean property with a lot to offer including buffet breakfast with Hot items.

Pool was enjoyable and staff was very helping. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I had booked this hotel for a family vacation. I am a loyal Hilton Diamond Member. After seeing other reviewers acrid reviews I decided to do a "recon" before we checked in. Sadly, all the reviews about smoking were accurate. Prior to entering the lobby there were cigarette butts everywhere. I did detect an odor of smoke in the property.

Why does this property allow smoking in 2014? I'll skip the part about the unsavory characters I observed on the property. This hotel should NOT be allowed to fly the Hampton (Hilton) flag. I cancelled our reservation after the aforementioned, and checked into the Marriott Autograph El Monte Hotel for 50.00 more per night. My short screed: Do not stay here!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
SAFFORD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

The hotel was nice but our bathtub in our room was cracked. The hot tub was out of order and that was disappointing. The pool was indoor but the water was extremely cold. Staff was great and the hotel was clean and the beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Wyoming
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

This is not only one of the poorest maintained Hampton I have ever spent nights in for absolutely 10 years. I will not return.
The front desk had two employees but only one was taking checkins..Jeremiah walked out, said nothing as we stood waiting, returning during our check out to speak to some service person. When he did acknowledge us it was "hey". I was never acknowledged as an honors member.

When I requested that the closet door be fixed in our room...nothing happened.

This was the low of our trip to Taos. Never again!

Room Tip: Choose one of the other hotels in Taos.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I recently booked a single king hotel room and ended up getting hosed out of $160 for the worst hotel stay I've ever experienced! This place is a sorry excuse for a hotel and if the honored name of Hilton had any sense, they would get rid of this property ASAP!! My terrible experience began with my assigned room, room 100 to be exact. This is the very first room in the hotel and sits literally in the breakfast buffet area. So you can imagine the noise I was disturbed by at 5am when the staff was getting the appliances and food going. I heard the breakfast crowd gather at 6am and there was no chance of going back to bed. The $160 dollar was the size of a small studio apartment and the non working air conditioner to match! It was hot in the room and when I returned to my room at 10:30 pm and noticed that the room was hot and the air conditioner not working I contacted the front desk only to be told that the maintenance man was gone and no one was available to look at the air conditioner. I asked to be placed in another room and was denied. Keep in mind, I paid $160 BUCKS for this crappy room. The so called breakfast buffet was a sad sad continental breakfast with very few options. Again, $160 BUCKS for this?? Also, my $160 got me an ironing board made for little people. I could not believe that when I searched for the ironing board to iron in the morning I was shocked to find the little people ironing board. I thought this had to be a joke and called the front desk and the lady told me that the baby ironing boards was all they had! Wow, with my $160 bucks they could have purchased full size ironing boards for the whole place. Pretty sad when Motel 6 has full size ironing boards and the honored Hilton property can't afford it?? STAY AWAY FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!!!!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Taos? Share your experiences!