“Taos” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 18 hotels in Taos
SAFFORD
“Taos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

The hotel was nice but our bathtub in our room was cracked. The hot tub was out of order and that was disappointing. The pool was indoor but the water was extremely cold. Staff was great and the hotel was clean and the beds were very comfortable.

265 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Wyoming
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

This is not only one of the poorest maintained Hampton I have ever spent nights in for absolutely 10 years. I will not return.
The front desk had two employees but only one was taking checkins..Jeremiah walked out, said nothing as we stood waiting, returning during our check out to speak to some service person. When he did acknowledge us it was "hey". I was never acknowledged as an honors member.

When I requested that the closet door be fixed in our room...nothing happened.

This was the low of our trip to Taos. Never again!

Room Tip: Choose one of the other hotels in Taos.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I recently booked a single king hotel room and ended up getting hosed out of $160 for the worst hotel stay I've ever experienced! This place is a sorry excuse for a hotel and if the honored name of Hilton had any sense, they would get rid of this property ASAP!! My terrible experience began with my assigned room, room 100 to be exact. This is the very first room in the hotel and sits literally in the breakfast buffet area. So you can imagine the noise I was disturbed by at 5am when the staff was getting the appliances and food going. I heard the breakfast crowd gather at 6am and there was no chance of going back to bed. The $160 dollar was the size of a small studio apartment and the non working air conditioner to match! It was hot in the room and when I returned to my room at 10:30 pm and noticed that the room was hot and the air conditioner not working I contacted the front desk only to be told that the maintenance man was gone and no one was available to look at the air conditioner. I asked to be placed in another room and was denied. Keep in mind, I paid $160 BUCKS for this crappy room. The so called breakfast buffet was a sad sad continental breakfast with very few options. Again, $160 BUCKS for this?? Also, my $160 got me an ironing board made for little people. I could not believe that when I searched for the ironing board to iron in the morning I was shocked to find the little people ironing board. I thought this had to be a joke and called the front desk and the lady told me that the baby ironing boards was all they had! Wow, with my $160 bucks they could have purchased full size ironing boards for the whole place. Pretty sad when Motel 6 has full size ironing boards and the honored Hilton property can't afford it?? STAY AWAY FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!!!!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Rio Rancho, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Overall the stay was very good. The Hot Tub not working and our AC unit not performing as well as it should were our only concerns. The Staff were great and very helpful. The breakfast was great and one of the best I have had during my hotel stays.

Hatch, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

All was nice except the Hot Tub was out of order and apparently has been out of service for some time. The other amenities were great. Breakfast was especially good. Staff was really nice and rooms were clean.

Tulsa, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Stayed two weeks and only got a refrigerator the second week. Lobby computer was out of order all two weeks of stay. Washing machine out of order for a couple of days. Staff not very knowledgeable (i.e. gave wrong directions more than once and said they had dry cleaning services from the hotel when there was none)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Boise
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Outside grounds are very poorly kept, weeds, grass not watered. A/C barely works. Lobby a mess. Rooms outdated. Looked a felt like a old room. No host available for help during breakfast. Rooms over priced. quite over priced, in my opinion

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Taos? Share your experiences!