“Very nice decent price” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   615 Paseo del Pueblo Sur, Taos, NM 87571   |
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Taos
“Very nice decent price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I was very shocked to see bad reviews. I thought it was a very nice place with an almost unbeatable rate. The front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful and the manager introduced herself to my daughter and I at breakfast. The rooms were very nice with soft sheets and pillows and a decent size flat screen tv. The hot tub was very nice and my daughter fell inlove with the pool. The location was also very close to the Taos Plaza. Great place, I will definitely be staying here again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This place has been the most worst place I've ever stayed at. We were over charged stayed in a crappy room n they didn't even have our reservation which they charged us in advanced. There's obviously lack of communication with employees, don't give confirmations but will easily charge your credit card. They're 'manager' was dressed like some hobo off the street would not give us the the owners information. then we walk into our room to see two crappy made beds, broken shower n dirty sink top by far the worst ever, please don't waste your money on this Crap hole any other place in taos including staying in your car would be best! ..

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Westminster, CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Unfortunately, the Whitten Inn was not what we expected, with a chain of disappointments. First, the girls at the front desk were entirely indifferent and gave us a key to a dirty room. When we returned they nonchalantly gave us a key to a room, which we found to smell horrible. Everything looked fine enough, but the scent was almost unbearable. The customer service along with the state of the rooms left us annoyed and ready to leave.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Lawrence, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Not city center. Comfortably spacious rooms. Indoor Pool and sauna. ask for towels at front desk for pool use. Restroom near pool is locked. Get key from front desk too. Closes 10pm in Winter. They don't clear ice or salt parking spot much. Signs put up but still dangerous when exiting vehicles and unloading luggage. Coffee facilities available in room but no actual supplies. Fridge n microwave. Lots of electrical outlets for charging stuff. More affordable option to stay here and make the trip to santa fe and other surrounding areas. Breakfast was fairly standard. Near enough to San Franciso de Asis church.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2015

We stayed here for a week to go skiing, the room was good enough to sleep, shower and leave to the mountain, I did not make the coffee from the room but would not have excepted anything good, the breakfast was was nothing especial, bad coffee, tasteless waffles, cheap pastries, the good things about breakfast, fruits whenever they had some, small packaged oatmeal, small packaged hot chocolate (kid's fav). The swimming pool was clean and big, just like the Jacuzzi. Staff needs to monitor (swimming pool) better as one of the nights there was a big group of people that were loud, drinking bottled beer, and pretty rowdy. I don't have anything against drinking but this was too much. It only happened 1 out 5 nights. "The good things" about this place according to me were, pretty close to the main plaza, lesss than a minute away to grocery store, restaurants, and coffee shop. Close drive to Sipapu ~40min, and not soo bad to Red river, Ski Taos and Angel Fire. Staff were helpful. Thank you.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2015

I read the reviews but went ahead and booked it. The front desk was flustered and unorganized. I had to remind her that I had booked a fireplace. (Paid more). The guy next to me kept going to rooms and it was still dirty or had people's stuff still in them. The room. The room was fairly clean. The bathroom was stained and there was an old coffee filter in the coffee maker. There was no soap. There was a dispenser in the shower it was empty. We went to the store and bought our own soap. We also had one washcloth and two hand towels. We called to request more and it took a couple of hours to get that. The paint above the toilet is peeling and the room smells of cigarette smoke. They are also cleaning rooms until very late. Now my compliment for this place. The pool and hot tub are well maintained and very clean. Would be a nice place to let kids burn off energy. I think if the price had been a little less my review would have been better. If I am spending over 100.00 a night. There is more expectations. Also the WIFI is sporadic. I gave up on trying to get any work done.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2015

Bad shape, no towels,horrible coffee, cofeemaker in room but no coffee, (that is just cruel) bad bad breakfast.
We stayed for 4 nights no housekeeping and when they "clean" the room they just made the bed and drop some clean towels , dirty floors, dirty bathroom.
When I asked for fresh towels the girl in front desk said I don't do the laundry!
The only good thing about this place was the spa but I rather have a clean room to sleep in after a very hard day .
Will not return to this one.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Been to Whitten Inn? Share your experiences!