“Felt right at home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 25 Taos B&B and Inns
Albany, New York
“Felt right at home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Casa Benavides is unforgettable. From the warm blue and pueblo style exterior to the cosy and unique rooms, you really feel at home. The staff and owners are wonderful, and the breakfast is amazing, best muesli ever!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

The breakfast was complimentary so I wasn't expecting much. I went to the dining room and was sat at a table with granola, yogurt, coffee, tea, a selection of muffins, milk, orange juice and sliced peaches.
I was pretty stuffed after I finished when the sweetest woman in the world came up and asked me if I was ready for my breakfast and would I like the egg casserole or the french toast.
I ate like a king. I'm definitely going back

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

After researching most of the hotels, inns and B&Bs in Taos we settled on Casa Benavides Inn based on other Trip Advisor reviews.

We’re glad we did.

We called the inn directly and booked the Acoma room located in a separate building from the main building. The room featured a queen bed and small patio.

Our check-in with Tessy was both easy and friendly.

The inn features 37 rooms and is located one block from the main Taos Plaza.
Parking is pretty easy, but check-in is done through the back door.
The main inn is spacious and clean, and very reminiscent of a Navajo inn from a bygone era.

Our room provided ample space for the three of us, a clean bathroom, and a comfy bed. Extras included a small TV, and a reclining Lazy-Boy chair. The staff had also already set-up the Pack n’ Play that we had requested, and included extra linens including baby blankets. They also had turned on the heat for us as it was the dead of winter and a high of 30 F.

The hot breakfast served-to-order each morning was substantial and scrumptious. Muffins, homemade granola, French toast, waffles and fresh squeezed orange juice are just a few of the samplings.

Note: It would have been great if our room would have had a mini-fridge hidden in the armoire under our TV. Bathtub could have also used some remodeling.

Would recommend: Definitely
Would return to: Definitely if returning to Taos

Room Tip: First floor or second floor options. Most rooms have small patios. They have a clean pack n' p...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

On October 14, 2012 my husband and I stayed in the "Cowboy Room" for one night. Nicely decorated and located in an old house just across the road from the Inn. The old house consists of individual theme rooms. This is just one of the properties that makes up the Inn. What I liked about our room is that we had a real wood burning adobe fireplace complete with wood provided by management. The accomodations were clean, quiet, and the bed was very comfortable. I loved looking up at the stars through the skylight located over our bed. In fact, even the bathroom had a skylight. Very energy efficient. The main Inn provided refreshments in the afternoon (an afternoon tea) and a wonderful cooked breakfast in the morning. There is no way you are going to go away hungry. Plus, the staff is really friendly and fun to converse with. My husband and I were really pleased with our stay. I highly recommend staying here. Total cost with taxes= $186.76

Casa Benavides Inn is located just down the block from the historic Kit Carson Home & Museum and a very easy walking distance to and from the plaza. You are also very close to the Taos Inn and Doc Martin's Restaurant. You know what they say, location, location, location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

B&B is a 2 min walk to Taos downtown-square filled with shops, restaurants, and other goodies. Breakfast is gourmet, healthy, and delish!! Innkeepers/owners/staff are all friendly and helpful. Would definitely return in the future.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

the good: The employees were really nice and breakfast was great. The room was large. Close to town square and restaurants. The bad: rundown furnishings and dirty, dirty bathroom. Yech, wanted to shower again after showering. Plenty of someone else's hair in the tub and lots of mold/mildew. A hair on the hand towel as well. Had to stand on the bed to turn on the ceiling fan. Only one window would open and the "ac" unit was a portable one like grandma had in the 60's. I didn't research this one but I have to believe if I came back to Taos there would be better options.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Location is one block from the town square. Rooms are nice. Owners and staff could not be more helpful. Breakfast and their afternoon "tea" with deserts were "out of this world." My wife and I bicycled the Enchanted Circle. The breakfast was spectacular, healthy and great energy for the trip. Stayed there another night when we finished.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa Benavides Historic Inn? Share your experiences!