“Wild Earth Llama Adventures” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Tours
Attraction Details
Brighton, Michigan
5 attraction reviews
“Wild Earth Llama Adventures”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Last week I went on a girls' trip to Santa Fe. One day we spent the day with Stuart and Wild Earth Llama Adventures--the Lunch with a llama trip. I cannot begin to tell you what an awesome adventure that was. There were three of us and we each had our own llama that somehow matched each of our personalities. My llama-Diego was such a sweetheart but so were Raja and K2. We chose the trip down the switchbacks to the river. Stuart was so patient and careful with us as we traveled down the canyon and then back up. He also provided an awesome lunch. Stuart has so much knowledge of the environment as well as the history of the area. AND he is so nice and tons of fun himself. I would love to do this again and I would recommend it to anyone--no matter your age (we are all 3 in our early 60s). Definitely the trip of a lifetime.

Visited May 2013

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Great Day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

A day we will not forget was spent with Stuart, and Raja (sweetest llama ever) and two other couples, descending and then ascending (!!!) the Rio Grande Gorge. The views through the gorge are outstanding, and Stuart's knowledge of the environment and history of the area was excellent ... and greatly appreciated. Our llamas carried the gear down to the bank of the river where we enjoyed a relaxing, and very good lunch set out by Stuart. I am not a fitness buff, but wouldn't have missed this experience for the world! Stuart is a professional, and it shows in the care he takes - one of the group was bothered by altitude sickness part way through the day. Stuart carefully monitored her, and did not rush the climb but gave as much time as needed. In the Taos area, this is a MUST!

Visited April 2013
“Sweet llamas and the Rio Grande River Gorge!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

What a great time my sister-in-law and I had with our llamas Diego and K2 and our wonderful guide Stuart! We had the choice of several hikes and we chose the one along the rim of the Rio Grande River Gorge. Fabulous views and an easy hike (I'm 64!) and the llamas carried our lunch. I can't recommend this highly enough. This is the second time my sister-in-law has been on this trip and I would go again in a minute.

Taos, New Mexico
“What an amazing day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

This is the second time I have taken a llama trek with Stuart. The first time was 12 years ago. Both adventures were out of this world amazing. Beautiful scenery, wonderful llamas, a very knowledgeable guide and fresh, great tasting food. You can't beat that. This is an adventure I would definitely rec.

Denver, Colorado, United States
8 attraction reviews
“Rio Grande grande!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Today my family went on our third trek with Stuart into the Rio Grande Gorge in the brand new national monument. We saw, petroglyphs, geologic wonders, a wild river, and our intrepid llamas, K2, Rio and Diego. Llama trekking offers the opportunity to be free of a daypack and just breathe in the wonders of nature. Stuart knows his landscapes, history, anthropology and animal husbandry backwards and forwards. A great trip for kids, and for anyone who has ever been a kid. Yeah, I realize that means everyone. Everyone who loves nature and beauty. My kids enjoyed it as much at 12 and 14 as they did at 6 and 8. It's epic! We will do it again and again.