“Best Coffee in Taos” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 108 Restaurants in Taos
San Leandro, California
“Best Coffee in Taos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

When I visit Taos, World Cup is where I come for coffee, particularly lattes, cappuccinos and mochas (They have Americanos as well, but I don't drink them). The staff is friendly, helpful and accommodating, but you may have to wait at times because it is a popular place. There is a counter and a small bench outside for additional seating. I have never eaten anything here, but the granola looks delicious. Soy milk is available upon request for a small charge.

• Visited September 2011

NH
“Delicious Cafe Mexicano”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

Fabulous cup of coffee worth waiting for! Chocolate aspect of Cafe Mexicano was delicious. Centrally located.

• Visited September 2011
Manitou Springs, Colorado
“If coffee means Americano to you, COME ON IN!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

I'm a coffee snob, yeah I admit it. When I order a coffee I mean an Americano and at the World Cup you needn't bother with the Americano nomenclature, just order a coffee! Their espresso machine is top notch and the crema is always present. The only thing I can even nit-pick is they add the cream for you so...if you are particular about how you have the dairy addition be sure to ask to add it yourself.
p.s. cash/check only

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“a world-class cup of coffee and conversation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

My elderly British client and I stopped here after seeing the Taos courthouse where she was married 50 years ago. The baristas were very kind and interested in our travels. This is a cool little joint, with a fun counter-culture atmosphere. My only regret was that they don't take plastic, because I would have bought more.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Angel Fire, NM
“Great Hot Chocolate, Wonderful Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

I've been to a lot of coffeeshops in my travels and while I lived in LA County.
When I relocated to Northern New Mexico, I have to say I was worried that I wouldn't find the same unique qualities that I used to enjoy in little independent shops.
To say that I found it at World Cup in Taos, would be an understatement.

World Cup has some of the best Mexican hot chocolate I've had from a place that I've purchased it from. Very close to the magical elixir Grandma makes every winter.
The quaint and eclectic mix of decor and menu items are not to be missed.
The only thing I'd say that beats all of those qualities is the staff and the patrons.
Always a smile and a courteous greeting, from both the staff and the visitors, makes this a very satisfying and enjoyable experience.

Don't miss the Euro-style Espresso or the Italian sodas.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere