“Good enough to go every morning” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Dessert
Kansas City
“Good enough to go every morning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2008

We were recently in Taos for the marathon and Michaels' kitchen provided such good food and service that we didn't even bother trying anywhere else. We ate there all three mornings we were there! By the third morning the wait staff made us feel as if we were regulars. They also have an extensive menu...something for every palate. Enjoy!

78% Recommend
New Mexico
“The Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2008

I have lived in NM nearly all my life and I have been on sort of a quest to find the "best" New Mexican food I can find. I have been all over the state to places like Las Cruces, Albuquerque and even Santa Fe and I have found some really good food but I must say Michael's is the best. I had a burrito that was more than perfect. The meat was spiced just right. Not oily, greasy or watered down. The red and green chile was excellent and that says a lot in NM which has the best chile in the world. I think the cheese was excellent. I wanted to just shout after the first bite. The food was only part of it. The service was wonderful. The owner was very attentive to everybody. He even went and took our glasses to refill them. I will make trips to Taos to just eat at Michael's from now on.

West Babylon, New York
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2007

We stopped in for a late breakfast and got a very nice meal at a fare price. The real story is the apple fritters we got for the road, Yummy!

We did not try lunch but the plates going by looked great and everyone seemed happy.

Colorado Springs, CO
“Best breakfast in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2007

This is a great place for breakfast. We've been there a number of times and it's been good every time. The menu is varied. You can have breakfast any time of the day. The restaurant is old, but clean. We ate there twice last week and while our servers were not overly friendly, they were very efficient. And given the number of people waiting in line for a table, they didn't really have lots of time to be effusive! :-)

texas
“my favorite place in Taos for breakfast and lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2007

Michael's Kitchen has excellent quality food with great friendly service. The menu is extensive for either breakfast or lunch-plus, they have many bakery items. I would not pass through Taos without stopping at Michael's.