“AMAZING. Wow . . . you won't be disappointed.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 108 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Dessert
Description: A family run restaurant and bakery in business for the past 37 years and still cooking! A menu of mouth-watering American and Spanish dishes, we serve breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert.
Olympia, Washington
“AMAZING. Wow . . . you won't be disappointed.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Get the Huevos Rancheros with the red AND green chile sauce. A hearty and delicious breakfast served quickly by a RIDICULOUSLY friendly and overworked staff and all for a good price. Made our snowshoeing and snowboarding adventures a little more enjoyable!

Visited December 2012

“Fantastic Enchiladas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

The beef enchiladas with green chili sauce is the best Mexican food I have ever had. Make sure you get it with sour cream and guacamole on top.

My wife and sister-in-law had American food and it was just okay.

I can hardly wait to get back to Michael's.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Quality breakfasts before skiing are made here.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We had breakfast here twice before skiing, and it is hearty food they get out to you fast, so you can dash for the slopes or linger over coffee. We arrived just after opening, 7:00 a.m., and were immediately seated. Coffee and water were on the table before we had our coats off. Hot chocolates followed for the kids, and they are piled high with whipped cream. The smothered hashbrowns, covered with cheese, egg and chili (red, green or Christmas) are enough for two. The juevos rancheros (with green chili) are excellent, and the side of pancakes, biscuits or toast put me over the top, so I think they can be shared with someone in the party. Waffles were good, and the only tepid recommendation was for the biscuits and sausage gravy.

The restaurant has a bakery that looked fine. One of our party had a cinammon roll, and it was good, but typical quality for a bakery item. Pay at the cash register as you leave. Our bills ran about $11 per person, plus tip. There is a display case of coffee mugs, t-shirts and aprons, but they were too expensive for our tastes.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Omaha, Nebraska
“Definitely needs some work.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We ate there today, Saturday 1/5 for brunch. We were seated very promptly. Our server was attentive, nice, and fun to chat with. When we arrived at our table there was a filthy plate sitting in the middle of the table. I expected the waitress to remove it, but she did not. She did not even glance at it! I have posted a disgusting picture below of the plate with butter, cream, and dirty remnants of meals past. I ordered the cheeseburger. What a mistake! The frozen patty was terribly overcooked and dry. The one flavor I could definitely taste on the bun was mustard!I think someone must have been getting paid a bonus based upon how much mustard he could pile on one burger! It was a sloppy, nasty, mess. I could not eat the burger with the bun, so I opened it up, cut the burger into pieces, and ate what I could stand of it that way. I did not send it back as a feared getting a saliva burger. The french fries were frozen and I think I got the "leavin's" from the bottom of the bag. The fries ranged from about 2" all the way down to "what exactly is that?" The diet Coke was good!!! See, the experience was not totally bad for me. Now, my wife ordered the Cheese Enchilada Royale with green Chili and loved it! I sampled some of it, and I would agree it was delicious. The sopapillas were possibly the best I have ever tasted! I slathered my share with butter, no not from the filthy plate, and honey, and I would consider returning to Michael's simply to eat more of that food from the Gods! My recommendation is if you eat here, order the Mexican/New Mexican food and avoid everything else!

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Its ok”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Food and Service was good. The wait was long to be seated. But still not bad. They do not accept reservations

Visited December 2012