“Amazing- Highly Recommend if visiting Taos” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 106 restaurants in Taos
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bent Street
Description: Doc Martin's Restaurant is an acclaimed fine dining establishment located in a registered historic landmark. A Taos tradition for locals and visitors alike, the warm ambiance of the main latilla room in Doc's has been a gathering place since the Taos Society of Artist's first met here in the 1920's and 30's. Headed by Executive Chef Gary “Zippy” White, our menu is a presentation of New American and Northern New Mexican cuisine, specializing in fresh organic foods from the Southwest. Known for its incredible value and extensive breadth of selections from old to new world, our wine list has earned Wine Spectator's "Best Of" Award of Excellence for twenty-one consecutive years. Pastry Chef Gayle Glanz creates sumptuous “beyond belief” desserts nightly that tantalize the senses and send our customers away with sweet memories.
“Amazing- Highly Recommend if visiting Taos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

My husband and I dined here in Jan. 2010. Everything was wonderful. I had the Chile Rellenos(house specialty) and my husband had the buffalo steak. I tried his and he tried mine and we both loved every bite. We had a great bottle of wine and a fantastic chocolate dessert... mousse-
From the moment was entered the building, it was truly authentic to the 'wild west' of the old days.
Everyone in the restaurant was outstanding. The hostess, the waitress, the buser, everyone. We are planning another trip out in the area next year and Doc Martins Is ON the list.
The bar there is great too. We saw some great live music after dinner and finished a lovely evening off with a cocktail in the bar....

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

71% Recommend
coastal New Jersey
“Not worth the time”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2010

While on a recent visit toTaos we stopped at Doc Martin's restaurant for lunch. Due to dietary needs for my son(recent cancer survivor) we requested to order off menu for him,the server stated no problem, simply a grilled cheese sandwich.The rest of the group ordered from the menu. Our server returned and stated that the kitchen staff refused to fill an off menu order,please choose an alternate item from the menu.My son then chose an order of waffles from the menu.This choice was not what he wanted ,however he did need to eat.
The owners and kitchen staff need to learn that people of all walks of life come through their doors. If they choose to be in the hospitality business,then be hospitible,or find another line of employment.This restaurant is not worth the effort.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
dc
“Very good Elk burger!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2010

The food was good and different. Rattlesnake sausage and elk burgers delicious! Good service.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
ABQ
“Lovely but.....3 1/2 stars”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2010

This is a lovely restaurant attatched to the hotel we stayed in. We only ate breakfast here so keep that in mind. The service was fine, they were a bit busy that morning and short of staff but the place was very clean. My husband enjoyed his omlette, the kids enjoyed their blueberry pancakes, but all I ordered was 1 egg & toast and the egg was served to me cold. The wait staff did not return for sometime to ask how things were & I was so hungry that I just ate the egg plus I typically do not like to return food do to the possiblity of repercussions. I would try the restaurant again though and if I do, I will update my review. There is also a bar and lounge in the lobby of this hotel but the bar closes way too early. My husband and I came back after having a romatic dinner at Lambert's (which was Fantastic) and playing at the Taos Casino we wanted to have a night cap but the bar was closed at 11p. Too bad

Plano, TX
“Fabulous breakfast, wonderful prices!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

We started our day at Doc Martin's and loved it! We had omlettes, huevos rancheros, and a huge bowl of organic oatmeal that was great! The prices were so good as well! Service was also impeccable. Ask for Erin if you go, she is a very sweet and attentive girl from L.A. Great place, great prices, great food. Period.