“Great Place!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa de Valdez

Casa de Valdez
1401 Paseo Del Pueblo Sur, Southside Next to Rio Grande Ace Hardware, Taos, NM 87571
575-758-8777
Dining options: Reservations
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Place!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I went with two friend to this restaurant and LOVED the food. The owner actually came by to greet us and talk to us for a while. The steak was super delicious and the portions were generous. It was a wonderful experience to meet such nice people. They treated us more like family then customers.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Dallas, Texas
“Music and Margaritas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

My wife and I went in Friday evening. We were staying at the rv park up the road and were recommended Casa de Valdez. To our surprise it was super beautiful inside and clean. We were lucky enough to go in on a night with live music. We sat in the bar area and had one of the most amazing margaritas my wife and I ever had! Great music, delicious margaritas!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pawling, New York
“Great service & New Mexico Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

The food was very good here. Our waiter was so nice. He explained all the items on the menu for us. I didn't know how a Tamale was made. We also tried the Sopaipillas with honey. Great guacamole too.

Visited October 2013
Spokane Valley, Washington
“Good enough to choose two nights running!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

It was convenient and we were hungry for New Mexican food so gave it a try. They were quite busy but gave us an honest assessment of the delay before seating us and kept us posted on progress while we enjoyed chips and cervesa. Two large groups just ahead of us had swamped the kitchen. The wait gave us time to enjoy decor and visit with the owner. Even though busy the staff seemed happy we were there. The food was excellent, tasty and well presented. Even pleasantly full, the aroma of the BBQ smoking outside as we left was enticing. BBQ being another favorite, we returned the next night to a much more manageable crowd and quick service. The brisket moist and very flavorful. The habanero BBQ sauce was truly outstanding. The steaks being served to other tables looked great and were very moderately priced but my next visit I will be struggling to choose between New Mexican and BBQ!

Visited October 2013
Tucumcari, New Mexico
“Nice New Mexican Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

There is a difference between Mexican food and New Mexican food. To me one of the major differences is in the source of capsicum. Mexican uses Jalapeno's and New Mexican uses, well New Mexican Chiles. That's not it, there is also more Anglo influence and Native American influence in New Mexican food. The distinction is important when reviewing a place like Casa de Valdez, because they serve New Mexican food.

Great ambiance, bright and cheery inside. Service was a bit slow, but not terrible. Food was typical New Mexican, even with green it was not over spiced. My wife had a stak she liked even more that my combo plate.

• Visited September 2013