“Great Event for School Groups” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 26 Activities in Taos
Type: Educational Sites, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Mountain Skills Rock Climbing Guides offers guided rock climbing trips to the best climbing destinations in Northern New Mexico, and Las Vegas, NV. Whether you are a first time beginner or a seasoned veteran, come visit one of these pristine locations with us. You will be led by our professional, friendly, and experienced staff through an enjoyable adventure where you can relax and climb with confidence. Our staff has experience working with one on one privates, families, scout groups, church groups, corporate team building, and school groups of all sizes.
Taos, New Mexico
“Great Event for School Groups”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

For many years I have taken middle school students from the Taos Pueblo Day School on year end trips with Mtn Skills. Our groups have ranged in sizes from 8-35 students. Mtn Skills does a fantastic job of providing climbing experiences for all levels of climbers-from those that are terrified of getting off the ground (which usually I am the main culprit) to the student that wants to push his/her self to their limits. They encourage positive encouragement from all other students, and truly provide an opportunity for all participants to be successful, not only at the level the student feels comfortable, but almost always getting each student to push themselves a little bit further than they thought they could or wanted. Highly recommended!!!!

Visited June 2012

Toronto, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Grand day out at Birdland with Dan Young”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I had a fantastic climbing day with Dan Young on April 16 at Red Rock. He was very professional, great company, and provided an extremely safe grand day out. He assessed my skills perfectly, took me to Birdland which was an awesome and scenic climb, exactly at the top end of my ability.

Dan provided me with a number of excellent climbing tips that I have not seen in the books, and I learnt a new fail-safe rappelling setup from him that will be used from this day forth - in fact, it should be illegal to rappel any other way!

If anyone is heading out to Red Rocks, I will tell them to contact Donna at Mountain Skills, and ask for Dan to take them out.

This made my 2013, and it is only April!

New York City, New York
“Amazing Climbing Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I had never rock clibmed before and wanted to give it a shot when I was in Taos. I went out with Jay and he was enthusiastic, personable and instilled a great sense of confidence that he knew exactly how to have a fun and safe climbing experience. He was great at giving me a primer on rock climbing technique and safety while not overloading me with too much. I was able to do some fun climbs and throughout he made sure I felt comfortable, safe and was having fun at every moment, which I was! Jay was great in asking me what I wanted to do and then finding the right climbs to match that. I had an absolutely incredible time climbing with Jay and it was a ton of fun and completely safe the whole time - I highly recommend you give climbing a shot with Mountain Skills and particularly with Jay. Climb on!

Seattle
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

My husband and I had such a great time with guide, Pete. He knew the Red Rock Canyon routes well and was open to our suggestions. He was very safety conscious, funny and encouraging. I would use them again in a heartbeat.

Belmont, Massachusetts
5 attraction reviews
“Family Adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We were planning to go to Santa Fe for a family vacation and wanted to go rock climbing. After a little research, I found Mountain Skills and spoke with Donna and liked what I heard, so we changed our plans to go up to Taos for a few days so that we could climb. We were not disappointed! Jay was our guide and he was great! He was so personable and encouraging to us all. (My 13 year old daughter was the only one of us who had experience rock climbing). We climbed the Rio Grande Gorge due to the windy weather. We all had a fantastic time and would definitely recommend Jay to anyone who wanted to give it a try.