“Solar fun” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Angel Fire, New Mexico
“Solar fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Trying to decide on a different place to eat in Taos, my wife & I happened upon the KTAOS bar/grill. It's a pretty cool place to dine & drink as the DJ booth for the KTAOS radio station is right there within view of the dining area. The food menu is simple, burgers & fun appetizers. My wife had the Portobello Burger and I had the Philly Cheese Steak sandwich- both VERY GOOD. But service..... I would say just don't be in any hurry. I think, like a lot of businesses, KTAO is trying to $ave a buck or two and this resulted in one (1) waitress to cover both the outdoor patio & inside tables. But don't let that be a deterrent to experiencing a great food stop that also has concerts & outdoor movies.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Free WiFi. Good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

This place has good happy hour specials on appetizers. I did get a sandwich last time I was there, I think a portobello mushroom sandwich. Whatever it was, it was good. This place has free WiFi too, which is always a plus. Opens at 4pm.

Visited January 2014
San Antonio, Texas
“Interesting Venue with Okay Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I checked out a few different places on TripAdvisor and thought that KTAO would be an interesting place to grab dinner. We headed out around 9 p.m. on a Saturday night (a little late) and found the venue easily. There was a $5 cover at the door because a DJ and drummer were performing. We were greeted promptly by the waitress and served in a timely manner although the food was somewhat lacking. I had the Green Chile Cheeseburger and tasted the Baja Fish Tacos and found both a little bland. My pint of Santa Fe Brewing Co. Dirty Blonde was on point though!

The DJ/drummer were pretty loud and a bit much - I would have preferred to go earlier in the evening to take in the sights a little more peacefully. It also would have been good to check out the view before sunset because I heard it is spectacular!

Visited March 2014
Arlington, Texas
“Must try the green chili stew (if available)!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

KTAOS station bar was a pleasant surprise that we happened to find by accident. We were staying at a house 3 miles down the road and wanted something close for dinner the first night we arrived.

We were a little wary about the place at first - it didn't look very kid-friendly from the outside, but we sent our "scouts" in to check things out. Once we were given the all-clear, our party of 8 unloaded and weaved our way from the front of the building to the actual restaurant/bar area. During the day, I'm sure there is a wonderful view of the mountains from most seats in the restaurant. We, however, visited too late to enjoy the outdoor scenery. The inside was entertaining in itself.

Our server, Jason, was very friendly and informative. This building not only houses a great food joint but two radio stations, all of which are solar powered from my understanding. There is also a large performance arena that hosts concerts; although there was no show the night we were there, there was a local band scheduled to perform in the restaurant later that evening.

Jason ran through the specials, one of which was the green chili stew with your choice of pork, chicken, or veggies. Half of our group quickly decided to give it a try and we were certainly not disappointed. It was fabulous and I would return simply to enjoy more of that great dish!

I'm sure the place gets a little more rowdy as the weekend evenings progress, but our 6pm Saturday night visit was very low-key and relaxing, perfect for the two 6-year olds we had in our party.

This place is definitely going to be a regular stop for our Taos visits from now on!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“One-of-a-kind-view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

This is truly one of the most spectacular bars I've ever been in. The view of the mountains is just amazing. The drinks and service were average, but the view... oh, the view!

Visited November 2013