“New lunch choice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 108 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: Chinese
“New lunch choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Had lunch special of sweet and sour chicken with soup, spring rolls, wonton stars and green tea. Large tasty portion with fried rice with a large takeout portion remaining Fixed price of under $8.00. Staff was kind attentive and thorough. Within walking distance of my lodging

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Huntsville
“quick, yummy asian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Close to hotel, very good food, large portions, great price. Staff very friendly and helpful in describing different dishes.

Visited October 2013
Canadian, Texas
“A little Gem worth seeking !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

An excellent change of pace. Only third restaurant that I have found that serves walnut shrimp. It is one outstanding dish! The other two were in Seattle & Las Vegas. Give Yu Gardens a try. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Worth, Texas
“Our best meal in Taos!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Coming back to Taos from Raton day trip, we were hungry but didn't feel like going anywhere fancy. I had seen the TA reviews for this place, and because I LOVE Asian food, I talked my very relunctant husband into stopping here.(he was like, Chinese food in Taos?), And it was probably the BEST dining experience we had our whole week in town. The place is simple and in a strip mall, but the food would be worth even if we had to eat it off the ground. We started with egg rolls- light, crispy and crunchy. Hubby had Hunan shrimp and I had the moo shoo chicken. Well, he LOVED his shrimp, said it was wonderfully spicy and not greasy. The rice was flaky and just sticky enough to totally enjoy. The Moo Shoo was so fresh and light, and the sauce was fresh, not out of a bottle, perfect in every way. Chicken was moist, vegetables still a little crunchy, pancakes thin and tasty. The owner came over to make sure everything was good- you could tell she loved that we were loving the food. They had fried bananas, and they came hot and lightly battered with chocolate sauce drizzled over them. The only thing that would have made them better would have been a scoop of ice cream. Delightful dining experience. If I lived in Taos (and oh how I wish I could), this is the place we would have to eat at least once a week. Best of all, hubby had to admit that this restaurant was a great find! Prices were great too, we spent $150 on dinner one night, and it wasn't half as good as this!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Westfield, New Jersey
“Excellent service, but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I hate giving this place a less than excellent review, because everyone who works there is SO nice. My husband and I were disappointed with the food, however. We are vegetarians, and were very exciting to see Vegetarian Orange Chicken on the menu. The portions were HUGE. However, instead of vegetarian chicken, this dish was made with mushrooms, and the sauce was just so-so. No brown rice available either, just white. And the "duck sauce" for the spring rolls was very sweet and red, instead of the usual orange. Reading the other reviews, I guess they do better with the meat dishes. We really wanted to like this place...

• Visited September 2013