“Great view average food” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 95 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Southwestern, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The is a new restaurant which replaced Ogilivie's right on the Plaza in Taos. It is a casual restaurant, with a mune that reflect it's SM location, though is by no means "Mexican" completely. WE had a combinations of startes and salads, all of which are excellent; The Bison Sliders were supurb. The balcony overlooking the Plaza is a wonderful place to watch the activity in the Plaza - the only outdoor eating on the Plaza.They have a full bar, and excellent staff who are all very jazzed about being part of this new venture. It is a definite place for a simple but interesting meal.
West Sedona, Arizona
“Great view average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Great place if weather is good and seating is available outside. Lovely view of the square. Otherwise this is a pretty run of the mill establishment serving basic food. We sampled several menu items and they were good but certainly nothing that couldn’t be had from most restaurants.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Baltimore, Maryland
“Delightful food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Our kind Worldmark concierge insisted we try The Gorge for dinner after we had driven 470 miles across the state, and we were not disappointed. The breaded fish filets were so good that I finished them all (which is rare for me!). My son had a beautiful burger and was very happy. The bar atmosphere was friendly, servers were pleasant and accommodating, and overall, we had a great experience. The lovely young mother at the table next to us was doing a great job managing her three very small children with a great sense of humor, and she made some food suggestions for our benefit. I love eating in a place where the other customers are enthusiastic about recommending selections. When we visit Taos again, we will definitely go back to The Gorge.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great burgers, good value.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

We enjoyed our meal. There was a 20 minute wait, handled well by the host. Our server, Joaquin, was friendly and attentive without being annoying. The burgers we ordered were thick, cooked as ordered and very tasty. Taos restaurants can be pricey, especially close to the plaza. This restaurant was very good and I thought the prices were very reasonable for the area.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Galveston
“Not New Mexican, but Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

This is a good restaurant in a good location, right on the Taos Plaza. However, my sons & I were looking for authentic New Mexican cuisine & this was nothing special...good, but nothing special. The atmosphere is nice, the food is good, and the prices are mid to high. If you are looking for authentic New Mexican, I'd try Orlando's. But this is a good place if you want to eat pretty good food on the Plaza.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Edmond, Oklahoma
“Yummy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

I visit NM several times a year for a getaway and always enjoyed Taos as one of my fav places. The Gorge Bar and Grill is a great way to start off your week in Taos. For dinner I ordered the Roasted Chicken entree and loved it! Cooked well with a light crisp! Also had a bottle of wine with the finance and we both left satisfied. Atmosphere is nice and cozy and the staff are friendly! My finance had the fresh oysters as a meal and loved them. She even ordered more after eating the first 6 she was served. With tip and a bottle of wine the tix was $75.00--very reasonable.

• 5 of 5 stars Food