“Really great pizza and salad, not cheap” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Really great pizza and salad, not cheap”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Pizanos is billed as serving the best pizza in Taos. I'd have to agree, although to be fair I've only had pizza at three Taos restaurants. Perhaps more significantly, Pizanos serves pizza that would rate as "really very good" just about anywhere. Good crust, sauce, cheeses, toppings -- it's all there. The salad also came with a tasty dressing. It was very busy when we went, but I gather that's always the case, and we didn't have to wait terribly long either to be seated or for our food. The prices, as noted in other reviews, are high, and that would be my only complaint. But if I'm hankering for pizza the next time I'm in Taos, I suspect I'll go back to Pizanos and tolerate those high prices, because I liked the pizza a lot.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Very good food, but pricey.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I've never had a pizza here, because they are so expensive. Once I went here with a friend who was treating. We got a yummy, huge salad to share and fish and chips to share. The fish came out dark brown instead of golden, and we had to send it back. When the second set of fish came out, it was fantastic. I also like the eggplant parmesan sandwich with fries. That is an excellent sandwich!

Visited April 2014
Palo Alto
“Great pizza and Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Pizanos is in a very good location -- near KTaos (world's most powerful solar radio, according to their ads), on Highway 150, just east of the main north/south highway coming out of Taos, at the beginning of the road to Taos Ski Valley). Their pizza is good -- not as thick as the Outback's (closer in to Taos), but the toppings were nice. And so was the staff -- we got to talking, and the staff never tried to speed us up, and we were surprised when we left to see that we were the last ones there, and the staff was waiting for us to leave to clean up. We left a good tip because they were so patient.

Visited March 2014
Taos, NM
“Best Pizza in Taos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Always enjoy a slice and a salad, don't forget the awesome cookies and brownies! Love their salad dressing and can't go wrong with a full pie either. Lovely patio with great views in warmer weather. Good service and homey atmosphere.

Visited April 2014
Key West, Florida
“OMG Pizanos is awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Vacationing from the East coast. This is the third time we've been to Taos and we so love Pizanos. Don't bother going anywhere else for Italian. Especially pizza. New York style and really, really delicious. Wish they'd open a Pizanos in Florida! Thanks for another great experience of service, atmosphere and YUMMY ITALIAN FOOD!! See ya' next season.

• Visited February 2014