“A slice of the local life” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“A slice of the local life”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

I stopped in here for dinner in early Feb. I had read some negative reviews about it, so I was a little leery. I am happy to report I have nothing but very positive things to say. The wait staff was prompt, very friendly and offered me good recommendations on what to order from the menu. They were very attentive during the meal, frequently checking see how things were.
The food was delicious and plentiful. The sopapilla at the end of the meal was included in the price of the dinner and it was delicious! I felt all the prices on the menu were very reasonable.
Many locals were eating at the restaurant and I thought this added to its charm. It is not fancy, but has delicious, reasonably priced food.
I would recommend this restaurant and eat here again if I was in Taos.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Columbus, Ohio
“Eclectic Decor, brilliant food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

When you enter El Taoseno, you look around and question your decision, mismatched furniture and a '50's look. Wait until you food arrives, it is so tasty. Service is impeccable with very friendly wait staff. Don't let the door fool you the food is 100% tasty!

Visited March 2014
Lewisville, Texas
“Great food - be ready to wait though”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Everything we have ever eaten here is delicious. The service is good, but they are slow because of how busy they are.

Visited March 2014
Taos, New Mexico
“About average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

Good food good staff! Didnt have to wait very long! All in all it was good for it being busy our waitress was on top of our needs and what i liked most was how she really catered to our children

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Amarillo, Texas
“Great Food, Local Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

As soon as we walked in we realized this is a restaurant frequented by people who live around Taos, not tourists. It was recommended to us as a great local place to eat and we were not disappointed. Everyone working there was very nice. The food was authentic, filling, and delicious. I really enjoyed the green chile stew. I enjoyed it so much I had my Burracho Burrito smothered in green chiles. If you want an authentic, local, filling place to eat for a reasonable price, stop here.

• Visited January 2014